Delay1 bug(s) with new 4.01 Firmware

sam

Experienced
Updated firmware, sounded great! During gig noticed Dly1 seemed to mute all sound. Checked into it and Dly1 Level is set to -30db now on my patches. Changing it back to 0db works but now I can't get any repeats at all. A lot of the other Dly1 settings got mangled too, so I had to go through and reset these to proper values. Still can't get any delays to sound. Could my patch be corrupted, or is this a bug in the new firmware?

Thanks for any help,
Sam

Check for a Corrupted Patch all my Delays and Patches are working great on 4.01...

I'm having the same issue. Delay 1 seems to be borked. Delay 2 works fine. I've attached a picture from axe edit. X settings look normal, but you only hear the delay. Y settings are completely borked. In this case it's supposed to be a 2290 and this is what shows up. No sound either.

Attachments

• delay.jpg
    delay.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 25
Please state whether you're using Axe-Edit as well, and if so, include the version number where you noticed the trouble.

Please state whether you're using Axe-Edit as well, and if so, include the version number where you noticed the trouble.

I am using Axe edit. Today's version - .258 It happens if I call up a new instance of Delay 1, as well as if I recall a preset like in the pic above.

I'm not currently connected to the Axe-Fx II but I noticed that in Axe Edit 1.0.258, in the new bank A "Deluxe Tape" preset #114, the Head 1 Time parameter is disabled and set to (500) with the parentheses. If you select any other Effect Type the Time remains disabled with the parentheses, however if you initialize the Delay1 block the Time is set to 500 and enabled. Selecting Mono Tape or any other Effect Type also leaves the Head Time 1 (or Time) at 500 and enabled.

I'm not currently connected to the Axe-Fx II but I noticed that in Axe Edit 1.0.258, in the new bank A "Deluxe Tape" preset #114, the Head 1 Time parameter is disabled and set to (500) with the parentheses. If you select any other Effect Type the Time remains disabled with the parentheses, however if you initialize the Delay1 block the Time is set to 500 and enabled. Selecting Mono Tape or any other Effect Type also leaves the Head Time 1 (or Time) at 500 and enabled.

Thats because it is set to a tempo. Put the tempo from 1/4 to off and it will be fine.

Thanks for your replies, advice, and assistance. I am using Axe-Edit 1.0.258, but it is possible that this problem originated with 1.0.255. It may be related to the fact that I use Y mode as my default for effects (that causes problems in Axe-Edit), but I'm guessing that it has something to do with Global Effects. My Dly1 is linked to globals across my different patches, and they all seem to exhibit strange problems. The bad settings are there even when editing from the front panel without Axe-Edit connected. it seems that my global Dly1 block somehow got set to Type: Digital Mono (correct) Config: Tape (not correct). The delay tempo is set to 63/64 also. There are lots of other strange settings in that block now too like level: -30db, master feedback: 0%, Gain 2 on eg page: -12db. etc.

I'm going to guess that when I used the previous version of Axe-Edit (1.0.255) that it might have messed up my Dly1 globals due to not being compatible with the new tape delay changes. Does that seem possible? If I have time today before my NYE gig I will see if I can rebuild these presets with new Dly1 instances. Hopefully that will solve my issues.

Thanks,
Sam

Back
Top Bottom