delay & verb levels question

I'm running my delay & reverb in parallel. Mix is at 100%. If I want to turn down the amount in the mix do I turn down the mix or the level?

Thanks

What's the difference in sound when running the delay and reverb in parallel? Or is there some other benefit? I put everything in front of a clean amp (no 4CM), so it seems like parallel effects would be pointless?

What's the difference in sound when running the delay and reverb in parallel? Or is there some other benefit? I put everything in front of a clean amp (no 4CM), so it seems like parallel effects would be pointless?
mostly so you can have delay not affect reverb, for example, or to be able to run a phaser effect on the reverb only, not the main tone.

some say they hear a difference with parallel vs series routing, but others don't hear any difference. inherently, the Mix control used when running in series should yield the same result for "mix" alone.

Pretty much. I never bothered running parallel when I had my FX8 feeding my rig. It's all out front and it was a mono setup.

mostly so you can have delay not affect reverb, for example, or to be able to run a phaser effect on the reverb only, not the main tone.

some say they hear a difference with parallel vs series routing, but others don't hear any difference. inherently, the Mix control used when running in series should yield the same result for "mix" alone.

What he said. It separates the effects so that they don’t affect each other. I’ve always definitely heard a difference with a reverb in the chain before a delay. When you run them in parallel you get more definition and clarity from each effect since one isn’t affecting the other.

Back
Top Bottom