Delay tail sent to reverb

discondition

Inspired
Hey people,

I noticed that when toggling both a delay and reverb off at the same time in series (with Mute FX in) the delay tail doesn't get processed by the reverb anymore.

I've been trying to setup a delay going into a reverb so that:
  1. I can toggle the effects off with a foot switch.
  2. The delay tail continues after turning the effects off.
  3. The delay tail still gets processed by the reverb.
  4. The delay and reverb still process the signal individually (the reverb is processing the delay repeats as well as the original tone).
So far I have come up with this solution:
Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 7.21.15 am.JPG
The delay is set to Mute in.
The mixer sets Row 1 volume from 0% to 100% when the delay is toggled on.

Does anyone have any simpler ways to get this effect?

Here is the preset. Reverb can be disabled if you just want delay unprocessed.

Attachments

• Soldano100-spillover.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
I read all your requirements and each one applies to how I run my wet effects, and this is how I build my presets.

You could just run both in series below 50% wet, or if you don’t want to compensate for Fractal’s mix law on the reverb turning down your dry, just run the delay in series below 50% mix (won’t affect your dry level), and the reverb in parallel after it at 100% mix with the bypass mode set to “mute in.” Use the input gain parameter on the reverb to control how much signal is sent to the reverb, like a bus send in your DAW or live console.

D6120F16-EDDB-4697-A2A4-38F5979CA4BC.png
463258E8-3919-44F5-AD9C-FB305D660CBD.png

I read all your requirements and each one applies to how I run my wet effects, and this is how I build my presets.

You could just run both in series below 50% wet, or if you don’t want to compensate for Fractal’s mix law on the reverb turning down your dry, just run the delay in series below 50% mix (won’t affect your dry level), and the reverb in parallel after it at 100% mix with the bypass mode set to “mute in.” Use the input gain parameter on the reverb to control how much signal is sent to the reverb, like a bus send in your DAW or live console.
I tried this using those settings, however the delay tail doesn't get processed if you switch both delay and reverb off. (3.)

If you try out my preset and increase the reverb input gain to 100% (letting you hear the tail when the effects are toggled off) you'll see what I mean.

Back
Top Bottom