Delay settings

Vito B

Hello everyone, probably an easy fix but I can't figure it out.
Why is it I can't set the ms when choosing for example a dotted eight repeat.

A dottet 8 repeat is based on the BPM setting. So, you cannot set it to an amount of time (milliseconds). The number of milliseconds is computed based on the BPM and then the dotted-8 (or 16th, or whatever) you choose.

So ignore the ms time value. Just set the BPM (at top of screen in AX8Edit) and then choose dot-8 setting.

You can either set an absolute time (i.e. 420 ms), or you can select one of the time signatures. In that case, the delay time is controlled by the tempo. You can either set a specific tempo in Axe Edit (or on the AX8), or you can use tap tempo to sync up w/ the song you're playing.

When I watch people set the ms and then hit the dotted 8th on axefxII it's no problem. But I can't set it on AX8

One thing to note, in AX8 Edit if you have a subdivision selected (1/4, 1/4 Trip, 1/8 Dot etc...), the milliseconds will be displayed in parenthesis and change relative to the bpm of the set Tempo.

For example, a dual delay with a 1/4 and 1/4 Trip set to 100 bpm will show the 1/4 = (600 ms), 1/4 Trip = (900 ms).
Change the tempo to 120 bpm and the 1/4 = (500 ms) and 1/4 Trip = (750 ms).

This is useful for me when trying to get the correct ratio between different delay times while being able to use the tap tempo feature.

Back
Top Bottom