delay-reverb/ wish there were presets of certain models just like in amp/drive block

unFILTERed

Power User
i like the delays and reverbs in axe, for live they do the job but still need to tweak alot and in most cases i feel like i am just getting close but not nailing it. i kinda miss smth what i had in my line 6 echo pro, memory man...
why there isnt replica/modeling of some famous pedals or rack units?...just as we have certain pedals in phaser or drive block? it would make things easier and probably also convince people how good the delays or reverbs are.

there's some great verb settings in the factory presets. find some you like, rename them and use preset manager to organize them.

Absolutely agree 100%. It would be nice to grab pedal models you like and may have used for real from the past and use them, instead of just having a label called "delay", or "multi delay", i.e. "what" multi delay are we talking about? Or choose analog delay, what on earth does that mean, i.e. MXR, Ibanez, ..... etc, etc. That would be very nice, as its a mindset thing, a feeling thing, a habit, and it helps you choose and become familiar with the labels within the axe / axe edit more so, because you know the real thing / real pedal, or many players do already anyhow. Time to start making a lot of other effects in the axe actually be models of our favorite past pedals i think. I know 100% of players will agree with this thread, even though many wont say so. We choose amps with names because we love those amps, now its time to choose more effects with names out of the lists, the pedals we all know so well that have been taken "straight from the real pedals, not just "something like this or that", actual real tone matches straight from real delays and phasers, and reverbs. Its not a case of simply renaming a block in a preset, as thats sort of fake isn't it, as one could simply grab a marshall and call it a splawn, WTF! lol anyhow ......... !

I started a thread a while back about this. The cheaper GT and HD so called inferior models do. I know for Roland Boss it's easy as they own the pedals and rights, but would strange how not all pedals are named. Although there are a few like the Japan CE Chorus, or Crybaby. Would be easier as starting point when creating patches.

You have tape, analog, digital, and a seemingly endless array of parameters, modifiers, and routing options with which to make them into whatever you want... so what do you want?

You have tape, analog, digital, and a seemingly endless array of parameters, modifiers, and routing options with which to make them into whatever you want... so what do you want?

Exactly. I don't really understand the issue.
E.g. I used to have a DD-20 and Nova Delay. Same thing. A pedal with a bunch of options that you dial in yourself. The AFX is no different in that regard.

If you know the pedal you are trying to mimic, it's even easier. You should be able to work out if it's a digital, analog, tape delay etc, so use that as your starting point and tweak from there. Usually all I change is the delay parameters, I don't do much deep tweaking at all on the delays as far as EQs etc go.

The only other thing I can say is keep an eye on the threads in the FX8 forum on effects. I've grabbed some settings from posts there and saved them in my Axe Edit library.
As the FX8 gains traction we should see more and more posts on effect settings etc.

how many of you guys here used a real space echo, lexicon, memory man, line 6 echo pro? and yes its all about sound, nothing else...nothing about eyes. obviously i am not able to tweak some stuff to the point where i feel like i nailed the unit i am after.
and therefor i am wondering/suggesting having presets just as in drive block...just to make things easier.

ps:yes checking the presets to find some cool stuff is probably a good idea but wouldnt help me much about getting the certain stuff i am after

Last edited:
why be stock with preset that are made form certain pedal?
and i bet my ass of that if cliff do that, people will ask to have more parameter to tweak them loll

jump in there and learn how to tweak to your taste. do get stock by presets.

"You have tape, analog, digital, and a seemingly endless array of parameters, modifiers, and routing options with which to make them into whatever you want... so what do you want?" Rotti mate lol...Fanboy or what? Simple wish might never happen but still something some would like.

d2dark can u read? i am writing there are certain stuff i am trying to tweak and get but i cant...i am sure you know what a lexicon reverb sounds like and you are able to tweak it, right?

and i bet my ass of that if cliff do that, people will ask to have more parameter to tweak them loll

people its just a wish/suggestion which in my opinion will make things easier. no body is saying delays and reverbs in axe are not good...so fan boys just relax. no reason to be a defender of axe and get stressed

i quess you used your ears as you were trying to understand what i wrote, in this case eyes would help more :))) just kidding, i dont understand your response sorry

Strange. Isn't it the "sound" that matters anymore?

I guess I am just old school, I use my ears, not my eyes. Oh well. To each his own

stratman i am sorry, fanboy was maybe too much...but plz read what i wrote and your response and tell me plz what should i get out of it? does it help me, or does it sound to you like we are having a conversation?

What is your problem? First fanboy is the worst term you can ever use on any gear forum. Why the wise guy remarks. Why attack people. I have my opinion just as you have yours-simple. Chill out -

Yes and they also will say, Hey, that doesn't sound or react like my Memory man did.

stratman i am sorry, fanboy was maybe too much...but plz read what i wrote and your response and tell me plz what should i get out of it? does it help me, or does it sound to you like we are having a conversation?

All is good Semih, Just that it's been discussed before that folks would complain that the "fx" is not like there's or whatever.

Maybe better would be we post what we are looking for (type and name of FX) and help each other get there. It happens like that a lot here. If I could help I would but I am terrible at tweaking FX to sound like something I used before.

thats my point i am not bad at tweaking but still i cant get there...there for the suggestion, there are certain units which are industry standards. just like a tube screamer in drive block. but you are right i should better record and upload some stuff i am trying to get out of axe...

All is good Semih, Just that it's been discussed before that folks would complain that the "fx" is not like there's or whatever.

Maybe better would be we post what we are looking for (type and name of FX) and help each other get there. It happens like that a lot here. If I could help I would but I am terrible at tweaking FX to sound like something I used before.

how many of you guys here used a real space echo, lexicon, memory man, line 6 echo pro?

but the Echo Pro etc. are extensive delay units that you can dial in anyway you want. They contain digital, tape, analog delays etc just like the AFX.
So which exact sound would they make as a preset? Do you expect them to make presets of every conceivable option on the unit?

line 6 echo pro is ofcourse not a unit to make a preset of, i was in love with that unit and probably its the only thing i feel like i am missing in my guitar rack or pedal board (had also the pedal version of echo pro, i think it was called dl4).

i would wish presets of space echo, lexicon reverbs or other plate reverbs....

but the Echo Pro etc. are extensive delay units that you can dial in anyway you want. They contain digital, tape, analog delays etc just like the AFX.
So which exact sound would they make as a preset? Do you expect them to make presets of every conceivable option on the unit?

Back
Top Bottom