Delay/Reverb Trails

So, I've been doing some reading/research and I still can't seem to get the answer clear.
Maybe it's a lack of coffee...
How do you get the delay or reverb to trail while switching scenes within a given preset?
Say, I have two delay blocks in series. The first delay in the chain is on X state and the second is bypassed on scene 1.
In scene 2, I bypass first delay and engage second delay, but want the trail to spill over on the scene change.
The delay doesn't trail at this point .
Help!!

I'm pretty sure Mark Day had a tutorial on Youtube for this kind of thing. He was showing how you could hold a note at the end of a solo using this method and switching to a rhythm preset. It was pretty cool, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was called.
Bill

Set the Bypass Mode to "Mute FX In" - this will keep the trails going.
Hey Jeff. What do you do on effects that don't have that option? I'm working the Space Reverb preset and when I switch to a scene with just the amps and drive, the trails don't carry over. Thanks!

I think all of the fx that have tails would have the option... I'm on vacation so can't check anything for a while, maybe someone else here can?

Is the delay block in the same X/Y state when you change scene?

If you want the trails to carry over the block also needs to remain in the same X/Y state when you change scene and the delay block is bypassed. So, if your 1st delay block is in the X state and the block switches to Y when you change scene it will kill the trails.

Back
Top Bottom