Delay question

Axeman

Experienced
I have two signal paths and would like one to be delayed from the other, but only the dry signal. In other words I don't want a repeat - just delay the original dry signal so it's offset from the other path. What's the simplest way to do this? I have a feeling this is a dumb question but never had the need to do this in the past.

100% mix just adjusts the volume of the repeats. I set the feedback to zero but that still gives me 1 repeat. I don't want any repeats. I just wan to delay the dry guitar signal a little from all other signal paths. Did I miss something?

100% mix just adjusts the volume of the repeats. I set the feedback to zero but that still gives me 1 repeat. I don't want any repeats. I just wan to delay the dry guitar signal a little from all other signal paths. Did I miss something?
“Delaying the dry signal” IS the repeat. What you don’t want is the dry signal. That’s why it’s called “delay.”

“Delaying the dry signal” IS the repeat. What you don’t want is the dry signal. That’s why it’s called “delay.”
Yes, I get that, so how do I get rid of the dry signal? I just want to hear the repeat. 100% wet gives me the full volume for the repeat, so now I need to remove the dry.

Sorry, I wasn't clear on something. I have two totally different paths and I want to offset the second path from the first one. I don't want to mix both paths into the same delay. Maybe they can be mixed into the same delay and the first path can be dry full left and the second path wet full right?

If you turn the delay mix to 100% in your "wet" path, you won't hear any of the signal pre-delay. What Chris says is the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom