• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Delay Options

jw3571

Inspired
I'm confused by all of the different delay pedals. Can someone make a few suggestions for the following.

A delay and settings for a U2 type sound.
A delay for 80's hair rock(Whitesnake, white lion, poison, skid row, etc.)
A delay for solo's

thanks

Stratoblaster

Fractal Fanatic
A delay for solo's
I use the Digital Mono delay for solos which I use at times; delay time ~440mS, three/four repeats, and use the 'ducking' feature so the repeats become more prominent when I hold notes, etc. and drop out when I'm playing lines/notes so all of the repeats don't obscure things.

Gyansistem

Experienced
I'm confused by all of the different delay pedals. Can someone make a few suggestions for the following.

A delay for solo's

thanks
AXE change?

mr_fender

Fractal Fanatic
The most recognizable U2/Edge delay is a dotted 8th note tempo delay and you play in straight 8 patterns. He mostly uses digital rackmount delays like the Korg SDD-3000 and TC Electronics 2290 for clean and clear repeats.
Here's bunch of good info about his delays on various songs: http://www.amnesta.net/edge_delay/

The rest depends entirely on preference and context. Delay covers a huge range of different sounds and textures. Dig through some YouTube videos for different delay pedals. You can learn a lot of tricks and techniques there. The Axe II delays are very versatile, but still center around the basics of time, feedback, and mix just like 99% of delays out there.

edo

Power User
Vendor

A delay for solo's

thanks
For U2 depending on what era you're after, try the memory man model, the vintage digital (with lfo set to triangle) with the sdd drive block, or the 2290 model.
PS yesterday I posted a clip with my u2 patches in the axe fx recording subforum, check it out to get the idea

Top Bottom