Bug? Delay Low & High Cut readings don't change

Petunia

FW 10.01, delay block using analog mono. When changing the high and low cut settings directly on the ax8, the graph changes, but the value readings stay at 20,000 and 20 respectively. So change is happening, but the numbers don't move.

At my unit, everything works as expected. Maybe reseting the block helps?

Last edited:
I have to revise my post, though there's a twist:
I use patches with both Delay Blocks, and the displayed values on page EQ are matching always the Delay1 block. This is on every parameter of the page.

This also happens on newly created patches from scratch, so I don't think there is a need to post a preset here.

Used frmware is 10.01.

Can someone confirm this?

FW 10.01, delay block using analog mono. When changing the high and low cut settings directly on the ax8, the graph changes, but the value readings stay at 20,000 and 20 respectively. So change is happening, but the numbers don't move.
Works fine here, FW 10.01.
I have to revise my post, though there's a twist:
I use patches with both Delay Blocks, and the displayed values on page EQ are matching always the Delay1 block. This is on every parameter of the page.

This also happens on newly created patches from scratch, so I don't think there is a need to post a preset here.

Used frmware is 10.01.

Can someone confirm this?
Are you using the default delay or changing the delay type? If you're changing the delay type, are you using the same type for both blocks?

The default delay type appears to be <Digital Mono> on my AX8 and yes, the settings are the same in Delay 1 and Delay 2. This makes sense since it's simply loading the default delay into each block.

The stereo and mono versions of each delay type have the same EQ, which again makes sense. If you're asking if the EQs are the same when loading, for example, a Mono Tape in Delay 1 and an Analog Mono in Delay 2, then the answer in my experience is no.

Are you using the default delay or changing the delay type? If you're changing the delay type, are you using the same type for both blocks?

Note: Revised the post after a long time, since I think the readability was...not really given. Something like a flow of thoughts.

Yes, default initialized (Mono Delay I think, didn't change the default type). I only changed the EQ values of Delay1 afterwards, nothing else on the block. Switching to the EQ settings of Delay2 on the green screen, the same values which I dialed in for Delay1 are shown. since I only changed Delay1, the settings on Delay2 should reflect the default settings of the Delay block.

Proceeding to change the EQ parameters on Delay2, only the curve shape is updated, not the values. They remain at the dialed in values of Delay1.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom