Delay in production *SCAM* - Mystery Solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevDrucifer

Fractal Fanatic
Check the 2nd page for the final update on this. A highly unfunny prank.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update-
I’m awaiting confirmation from Fractal on the legitimacy of this as my e-mail came from salesfractalaudio@gmail.com, not sales@fractalaudio.com.

Scammers should be lined up and shot.

I’ll update this as I know more.

Update #2

Mark Day just called me to confirm everything with my order and that Fractal is looking into this.

I actually questioned if the caller was a scam at first until he said his full name, then I felt a huge rush of relief as I’ve known Mark through social media for years, we’re friends on Facebook.

THANK YOU FRACTAL for being so quick on this!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is certainly frustrating.

I just got an e-mail saying my order was not going to be filled until May 14th of 2020 and it has to go to customers who had ordered before me. My unit has been in transit since Monday and the UPS app is still saying it’s going to be delivered next Monday as if nothing has changed.

I e-mailed sales but have not gotten a response back yet.

After 10 years of waiting for the opportunity to buy an AxeFX, to say I’m disheartened is quite the understatement.

Has anyone here ever had their unit diverted on it’s way to you to go to another customer? I’m hoping it was just an e-mail blast sent out to recent customers and this is not the case and am very anxiously awaiting a reply from sales.

Last edited:
This is certainly frustrating.

I just got an e-mail saying my order was not going to be filled until May 14th of 2020 and it has to go to customers who had ordered before me. My unit has been in transit since Monday and the UPS app is still saying it’s going to be delivered next Monday as if nothing has changed.

I e-mailed sales but have not gotten a response back yet.

After 10 years of waiting for the opportunity to buy an AxeFX, to say I’m disheartened is quite the understatement.

Has anyone here ever had their unit diverted on it’s way to you to go to another customer? I’m hoping it was just an e-mail blast sent out to recent customers and this is not the case and am very anxiously awaiting a reply from sales.
Did you check the sender's email address? This sounds like a fake/scam email to me.

Did you check the sender's email address? This sounds like a fake/scam email to me.

Whoa.....what the fuck? It’s coming up as salesfractalaudiosystems@gmail and not sales@fractalaudio.com.

I’m sending this in to Fractal so they’re aware their customers may be getting scammed. I would assume it’s someone viewing this forum as I just made a post about it last week. Unbelievable.

Whoa.....what the fuck? It’s coming up as salesfractalaudiosystems@gmail and not sales@fractalaudio.com.

I’m sending this in to Fractal so they’re aware their customers may be getting scammed. I would assume it’s someone viewing this forum as I just made a post about it last week. Unbelievable.
It could also be someone got access to your email or is somehow sniffing your conversations or just their recipients.
First thing I'd do is change your email password and enable 2FA.

The odd thing about it is at the bottom of the e-mail, the scammer said- “Thank you for understanding, if you have any questions please feel free to contact us at sales@fractalaudio.com

It’s almost as if someone did it just to ruin my day, because obviously if I started a new e-mail and e-mailed sales@fractal, I’d be in touch with the right people. Regardless, I sent Matt the full header for the e-mail and he’s reporting it to Google for abuse.

PHEW!

You know you've made it when the phishers start targeting your company! Seriously, that is one of the most obscure phishes I've seen... Or targeted... you may want to check for a possible breach...

Yeah, the message is...strange. Seems like a weird way to phish, but I don't have the mind of a phisherman. So specific and with knowledge of things that would set a customer off.

there are , amazingly, people out there who for reasons known only to them actively dislike this company and look for petty ways to spread disinformation...this is obviously one of them...

Some of these people are not who they appear to be. We caught a couple red-handed when we traced their IP addresses to a competitor's office.

That's rotten but it makes more sense than phishing. I work for a bank and deal with plenty of real phishing victims. There has to be some point where they ask you to give them something of value, access information to your accounts to take it for themselves, or enough information for them to get into your accounts on their own.

Some of these people are not who they appear to be. We caught a couple red-handed when we traced their IP addresses to a competitor's office.

Wow. What a business behaviour. Whoever that competitor is (the list is not long, is it), they must be quite desperate to try to deceive people so they can make a few more sales before the FM3 is released. They might already guess that the FM3 will sell like sliced bread. Actually makes me crave the unit even more. Can't wait until I come up on the G66 wait list!

Maybe there’s a Coalition Of Tube Amp Creators that are all seeing how much of a dent Fractal is making in their sales. :D

At worst, it slowed me down while fielding a ton of e-mails on the first day back to work after NYE/NYD and had me pissed off for about 25 minutes. I‘ve already changed all my passwords and will not be disclosing gear purchases on the internet until after I’ve received the product.

Here’s the actual e-mail-

“We are very sorry to inform you that your recent order will be delayed and unable to ship until May 14th 2020. We apologize for any inconvenience. However, due to unforeseen circumstances our production team had to issue the units that we had on hand to a previous client that already had a prior order. We are working as fast as possible to produce the next line of units for everyone on the new waiting list. You will receive notification as soon as production is finished and ready to ship.

Thank you for understanding, if you have any questions please feel free to contact us at sales@fractalaudio.com

So whoever it is, they’ve got enough knowledge to know about the waitlists and and that I had ordered more than one product. Certainly an odd amount of information for a standard phisher to have.

In the end, all they did was show how well Fractal takes care of their customers because it was all resolved in less than 45 minutes.

Maybe there’s a Coalition Of Tube Amp Creators that are all seeing how much of a dent Fractal is making in their sales. :D

At worst, it slowed me down while fielding a ton of e-mails on the first day back to work after NYE/NYD and had me pissed off for about 25 minutes. I‘ve already changed all my passwords and will not be disclosing gear purchases on the internet until after I’ve received the product.

Here’s the actual e-mail-

“We are very sorry to inform you that your recent order will be delayed and unable to ship until May 14th 2020. We apologize for any inconvenience. However, due to unforeseen circumstances our production team had to issue the units that we had on hand to a previous client that already had a prior order. We are working as fast as possible to produce the next line of units for everyone on the new waiting list. You will receive notification as soon as production is finished and ready to ship.

Thank you for understanding, if you have any questions please feel free to contact us at sales@fractalaudio.com

So whoever it is, they’ve got enough knowledge to know about the waitlists and and that I had ordered more than one product. Certainly an odd amount of information for a standard phisher to have.

In the end, all they did was show how well Fractal takes care of their customers because it was all resolved in less than 45 minutes.
It almost sounds like a joke.
Maybe a friend/relative who knows you're eagerly awaiting for the delivery and wanted to have a bit of fun?

OK, I'm NOT an attorney, but it seems that would meet the definition of tortious interference.

... and stupid enough to do something like that from their corporate IP? Must be someone in marketing... Lame.

You’d be amazed at how much unofficial “gorilla” marketing is done by corporations these days, from social media postings, folks either schilling products on forums or review sites, or purposely bashing products of rivals, etc.

It’s not really ethical but it’s great bang for the buck. Pay someone $500 to go around all the popular sites and speak about a shortcoming, OR, spend $50,000 for an ad in a magazine most people no longer read. What’s better bang for the buck when the goal is to make a consumer not buy a rival product/choose your product.

lets face it, few people are so upset with a brand/product they will bother will creating spoof accounts, make lots of posts etc just for fun or malicious intent; got to pay someone to be worth the time to do that sort of behavior in most cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom