• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Delay Hold Clicking. Help?

giantslayer

Inspired
I have delay 2 set up as a very warm, spacious sounding delay for volume swells. Now that I finally have my MFC-101, I programmed a modifier to turn on the delay hold. It works great, except that whenever I switch the delay hold on, I sounds like a metronome is playing a little click in time with the tap tempo every time the loop starts over. This also happens if I manually turn on the delay hold on the unit instead of using the MFC-101.

I figure there must be some sort of trick to doing this. I spent about a half hour or an hour searching the forums and have not had any luck finding a solution. Any ideas?

giantslayer

Inspired
I suppose a "pop" is a more accurate description than a "click." It sounds similar to the metronome from garageband. I am assuming it is a function of the volume jumping suddenly as the loop repeats, but it doesn't just sound like the volume jumping suddenly. It actually sounds like a pop that is louder than the sound in the delay loop.

Zwiebelchen

Fractal Fanatic
I could also confirm this in one of my patches. This behaviour is new since version 10. It never did that back in version 9.02

MikeyB59

Power User
Hmmm? I'm curious about this, too. I tend to use delay hold with an improv project that doesn't play that often, but we have a gig Friday, so I'll have to check out this new behaviour (I'm not near my Axe now). I previously found delay hold to work really well for holding sounds and manipulating them.

Rane

Experienced
I had a problem sorta' like this. I don't have a delay hold, but I do have tap-tempo. I narrowed it down to just getting my guitar cable too close to the midi cable.

Top Bottom