Delay Designer

the delay input gain and the return levels are both too low. you also need to set the delay feedback to zero. be careful, things can get out of control very quickly, but i reckon the return needs to be at about 50% and the input gain needs to be at about 70%

the trick is to set the delay level with the input gain and then gradually turn up the return level until you start getting some repeats

Many thanks for that hint. Finally I understand why I have every morning the feeling, that the night was too short.
I get that feeling, too. I figured it was just age and being tired of the rat race....

Supposedly the big quake off Chile more recently also affected the Earth's rotation a little, too. It definitely seems like the angle the sun takes across the sky has shifted a little compared to the past.

Hey, can anyone suggest where I am going wrong with getting sound from the tone trick or treating preset. Ive downloaded it but there's no sound passing through? All other downloaded presets are working its just that one. I am using stereo monitors and am new to owning the axe fx3 so any help be appreciated.

Hey, can anyone suggest where I am going wrong with getting sound from the tone trick or treating preset. Ive downloaded it but there's no sound passing through? All other downloaded presets are working its just that one. I am using stereo monitors and am new to owning the axe fx3 so any help be appreciated.

Check that you're on firmware 14.04.

Check there's a cab loaded in the cab block too, I probably had a user cab loaded.

Combining a delay block with the feedback send and return blocks opens up some wild possibilities for creating your own custom delay tones. Here's a few examples inspired by the design of old rack delays - I'm sure those with a more intimate knowledge of those old designs could create fast more accurate recreations, but I really enjoyed the creative tangents this sent me on.

Leon, you’re videos have always been stellar, and I count myself among your many fans here on the forums, and in YouTubeLand! But this video is some real, next level shit! I can only imagine what you’ll be doing with this box in the future. Thank you for being... well... just thank you for being!!🙂

I've been trying this little trick but I seem to be getting a phase cancellation sounding delay and what seems to be a much more pronounced role-off of the high end.

Any thoughts on why that might be? Your setup sounded quite a bit different "amazing" comparatively.

If you are having phase issues, it could be that you haven't set your delays to 100% wet. If you mix the dry signal with itself, you will hear phasing

Back
Top Bottom