delay block

elchampion said:
Im wondering why when I bypass the delay block the volume shoots up?
Because you haven't used the level control in your delay block to match the delay level with the bypassed level.

There are different types of bypass settings available in each block. Try these first for different applications.

For running the delay block in series, it's as Jay said. The other option, which is what I do, is to run the delay block in parallel. A) I just find it simpler, and B) a lot of the time I'm linking the input gain to a pitch modifier, and running it parallel means there dry level always stays the same.

Running parallel means you can also process the delayed signal separately. So if you want to add EQ, reverb, flanger, etc. to just the delayed signal without touching the dry path, parallel is the way to go. :cool:

Matman said:
DNW said:
linking the input gain to a pitch modifier

:)

-m@

I love it. And it's something I never would have thought of if I hadn't read it here on the forum. ;) I'd still be switching the delay in and out of the chain for when I need it.

Something I love about it is when you're doing some riffing away and you hit say a nice artificial harmonic. You'll get a nice bit of delay on just that harmonic to help it sound even sweeter, and then the input gain closes off again once you get back to riffing. Effing sweet! :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom