Delay Block Update

fortunately, the existence of something does not justify its benefit or its usefulness . Oups i just shot someone because guns exist . Time to run !
Ok, next, we don’t care .
delay in the axe was the last thing to improve IMO. If I can have one 😌. Most everything is perfect in the axe.
Maybe only the chorus are not as deep as pedals IMO. But the rest 👍🏻

fortunately, the existence of something does not justify its benefit or its usefulness . Oups i just shot someone because guns exist . Time to run !
Ok, next, we don’t care .
delay in the axe was the last thing to improve IMO. If I can have one 😌. Most everything is perfect in the axe.
Maybe only the chorus are not as deep as pedals IMO. But the rest 👍🏻
Decaf bro… Step outside, look up and take a deep breath. It’s just a delay.

sure but there is modulation in the delay by default if I am not wrong . I realize it months after

Wrong.

There's a Modulation page in all delay types, but modulation is engaged only when LFO Depth is turned up. If you go through the types, you'll see that many of them do NOT have Depth turned up. Meaning that there's no LFO modulation in those types.

That includes "Vintage Digital", which may or may not be based on an early Boss DD.

Without modulation, delay repeats still can degrade, because of EQ, bit reduction and Drive parameters.

Ditto. 👆

As for the sdd-3000, you guys don’t think the current vintage digital gets close to it?
Not even close. The SDD-3000 has an indescribably chewiness because of the preamp (and I assume a bunch of other circuitry). It's just divine :)

The Vintage Digital is definitely my second favorite, though.

Not even close. The SDD-3000 has an indescribably chewiness because of the preamp (and I assume a bunch of other circuitry). It's just divine :)

The Vintage Digital is definitely my second favorite, though.
Try and reduce the bit rate to 13 (so bit reduction = 11) on the vintage digital and turn the eq hi cut down to 17k (or 8k), set the modulation wave to triangle, and you're more than a half way there..!

I've read some stuff claiming the Delay block isn't "colorful" enough so I'm updating it.

I've added an optional "Compander" to simulate the noise reduction used in those old BBD delays with the NE570/SA571 chip. I've also improved the algorithm and the types to give things a bit more character. You can even adjust the compander time constant and "mismatch" between the compressor and expander to adjust the amount of grunge and transient distortion.
i've often thought the delay (and everything) was super clean. love that. its signature axe fx clean! the feedback loop and some additional blocks can def be a nice kludge... but love the idea of authentic noise!! you guys are the best.

Back
Top Bottom