Delay block overdriven?

Ugly Bunny

Power User
Hey guys; I realized the delay in my main patch had a terrible digital distortion happening. None of the meters looked like they were clipping, but I only got the fizz to go away when I reduced the input gain (or whatever that parameter is called in the delay block) to about 46%; after which I had to turn up the mix.

Not sure how things got like that, but it didn't look like anything was being overdriven, yet the tone didn't lie. Any ideas what I was doing wrong? I know it's quite a vague question, but I figured that any block in the Axe could handle the output from any other block, so long as it wasn't red-lining - but I guess I'm wrong?

As always, you need to post the preset (as it was) for anyone to be of any real help.

Last edited:
Nah, I already fixed it. Was just hoping this was like a known issue that you always have to reduce the input or something. I'll check back if I build another patch and have the same issue with the default delay settings. Thanks guys!

Nah, I already fixed it. Was just hoping this was like a known issue that you always have to reduce the input or something. I'll check back if I build another patch and have the same issue with the default delay settings. Thanks guys!
You shouldn’t have to reduce input gain.

Please upload the preset.

Okay; It'll be tomorrow, but I will. I'll bring the level back to 100% so you can see what I'm talking about. I'm sure the signal was too hot or something coming into it, but nothing was showing as red.

Maybe you have the drive parameter crancked up? Try to reduce that instead of input gain eventually

It's possible that you have the blocks in front of it cranked up. I just helped someone in support with a similar complaint and that was it. Or maybe that was you.

Back
Top Bottom