Bug? Delay block bypass state bug

RodolfoFK

Hey there Fractal community,

After upgrading my FM3 to the firmware 6.00 and 6.01 I've come across what I believe to be a bug in the delay block. See the video below.

To give a short description of what happens, the FM3 keeps the delay block engaged after changing presets, even if the preset I'm changing to has the delay block bypassed for that scene. Changing scenes seem to fix the delay block bypass state to what the scene was originally saved to, but only if doing it through the footswitches, as I show in the video (if done via editor the bypass state keeps the same). For instance, I change the preset, it loads scene 1, then I select scene 2 in the FM3 and change back to scene 1 so it reloads the scene with the delay block bypassed.

I've trying to figure this out for over a month now, but still have no idea what might be going on.

In case anyone wonders, the scene revert option is turned on, and the scene ignore option in the block isn't turned on, as you can see in the video.

Has anyone experienced something similar? This has been a slight pain to deviate when playing live.

Thanks!

Changing scenes seem to fix the delay block bypass state to what the scene was originally saved to, but only if doing it through the footswitches,
This is expected behavior. Scene Revert intentionally does not work when changing scenes with the editor. This is to allow better preset editing.

The rest seems odd.

Watching your video it doesn't appear that you're using Control Switches, which could cause the state to carry across preset changes.

I'd suggest posting the 2 presets you show as well as your system config backup.

This is expected behavior. Scene Revert intentionally does not work when changing scenes with the editor. This is to allow better preset editing.
That's nice. I didn't know that.

I'm attaching both presets I used in the video so you can take a closer look. I don't believe it has anything to do with control switches in this case.

Also, I forgot to mention this is happening not only between this two presets. It happens in any preset change where (here it is a supposition) the first preset has the delay block currently set on and the following preset has the delay block in the first scened turned off.

Attachments

• Preset489.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Preset488.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 4
I was just performing a few more tests and now I can confirm the supposition I stated in the last comment.

The delay block bypass state is being transferred across presets when changing presets. So if in the current preset the selected scene has the delay block turned on, when I change to the next (or previous) preset the delay block will be on regardless of it's saved state. The opposite is also true, so if the delay block is turned off, the delay block in the next preset will be loaded off even if it was originally saved as on.

I also update the firmware to the recent beta version release 6.02b1, but the bug is still there.

Has anyone done any tests on this to confirm it is a bug indeed?

Nope.

Only modifiers I been using are scene controllers (usually to control amp parameters between scenes) and a control switch to toggle the amp boost.
Ok... Not sure when I'll be able to test.

Curious, if you go to CS Per Scene in both presets, set all to OFF and save does the problem remain?

Back
Top Bottom