Delay (audio gap) when switching scenes

Yesterday, me and the other guitarist in my band tried running the Axe-FX II both into a power amp/cabinet and direct at the same time. We put an FX Loop block before the Cab block in the signal chain and used output 2 for the amp/cabinet and output 1 for the PA. The thing we noticed right away is that we get a very noticable dealy (audio gap) when switching scenes. Have anyone else experienced this? I don't get this problem when I'm just running direct and don't have an FX Loop block in the signal chain.

I don't use the FX Loop block all too often so I can't comment on whether that's causing the lag or not. I do know, however, that switching the X/Y states of some of the blocks can cause this problem. Even if you haven't set up any X/Y switching, you may want to go through each block individually, switch scenes, and check if you're switching X/Y states by accident. I've had this happen to me before without realizing it.

Thanks for the replies!

We've set up the patch(es) so we don't get the X/Y block problems that I've seen in other threads. I'm using the exact same patch (without the FX Loop block) for my direct to PA setup, and I don't have have any gap problems with that patch, so I suspect that it has got something to do with the FX Loop block. I'll try running it in parallel and see what happens!

Hey. I'm the other guitar player in the band. :)

We're not running Axe Edit while changing scenes.

Thanks your feedback and replies! We'll try running the FX loop in parallel and see where that takes us.

Axe FX Scene switching PROBLEM.png This patch (picture at the top) is the one with the audio gap problem when I switch between scenes.
Axe FX Scene switching no problem.png This patch (picture at the bottom) works great, seamless switching between scenes.

I use the fx block out 1 goes to foh and monitors, out 2 (fx loop block) to Matrix poweramp an marshall cabs. I get the same sounds from each if there's a delay it's in both. How far away are you from each speaker out1 foh,out2 speaker cab

I'm pretty sure that's not the problem, because:

I'll try to post the patch so you can have a look!
To be clear, it will happen whether or not the amp in question is "active" in the scene. Since the pics show 2 amps with 1 inactive, my guess is you are not looking at the inactive amp changing X/Y as being a problem... I learned this myself a long time ago - it was making me crazy!

Back
Top Bottom