Delay and Reverb Mix

Arun Patrao

I have been observing a strange kinda of issue while using AXE III live. I just cannot hear the delay and reverb in the mix. I can see that the Delay and Reverb Mix levels are set around 20 to 25%. I don't like too much of delay or reverb either, just that comfortable mix.

I cannot hear the delay repeats nor the sustain of the reverb. My old AXE II has been set almost at the same levels but that machine sounds so nice. Am I doing something wrong? any parameters I need to tweak in AXE FX III? Request help from the experts. Thanks in advance.

Lots of potential issues could be going on there, I'd post a preset

Are you using out 1 or 2 or both? Stereo or mono?Are the patches set to a stereo mix?

I have been observing a strange kinda of issue while using AXE III live. I just cannot hear the delay and reverb in the mix. I can see that the Delay and Reverb Mix levels are set around 20 to 25%. I don't like too much of delay or reverb either, just that comfortable mix.

I cannot hear the delay repeats nor the sustain of the reverb. My old AXE II has been set almost at the same levels but that machine sounds so nice. Am I doing something wrong? any parameters I need to tweak in AXE FX III? Request help from the experts. Thanks in advance.
Which delay and reverb are you using? What is your delay level set at?
My settings are usually at 8% with a level of 0 and a short feedback of 2 seconds and I hear the delay fine. My mute setting is mute FX In.
If I use reverb with delay, I usually set the feedback length the same. My Reverb settings are 2 seconds with 8 to 25%, level at 0 as well. No problem hearing the reverb.

My old AXE II has been set almost at the same levels but that machine sounds so nice.
Although the II and the III share some of the same block names, the III is a different beast. The architecture is different therefore 1 to 1 settings from the II will more than likely not sound the same with the III.

Back
Top Bottom