Bug? Delay 2 mix not working?

fractalz

Power User
Please see attached preset. I have a parallel delay (Delay 2) with 0.5% mix but it is coming through as if it is more like 50% mix. I cannot get this to blend.

This is a reduced preset - the original had a pitch block in front of it. I want a parallel path with pitch shift and repeated delays.

What am I missing?

Attachments

• DelayBug.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 2
Tried the preset, the Mix knob seems to be working properly. Starting with the .5 mix, playing a note then increasing the Mix knob, the increase in the volume/mix is definitely there, just a narrower 'range' of mix. You probably already know this but running the delay into the front of an amp, especially with the amount of gain in the preset, amplifies the delay which increases the volume of the repeats. Using a clean amp helps some but putting the Delay block in parallel after the amp block resulted in the most control over the mix.

Tried the preset, the Mix knob seems to be working properly. Starting with the .5 mix, playing a note then increasing the Mix knob, the increase in the volume/mix is definitely there, just a narrower 'range' of mix. You probably already know this but running the delay into the front of an amp, especially with the amount of gain in the preset, amplifies the delay which increases the volume of the repeats. Using a clean amp helps some but putting the Delay block in parallel after the amp block resulted in the most control over the mix.

Hmm... the pre-amp location could be doing it. I noticed at very low (0.1) mix it was almost a clean repeat.

I'll just go without it for now... This patch is for "Godzilla" and I wanted my Godzilla squeal to repeat ;)

Adding a parallel block increases gain by 6dB.

To account for that you should set Mix to 100% and use Input Gain or Level to control the mix.

Back
Top Bottom