• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Deftones Self-Titled Tone

TonePlayer234

New here
I've been spending forever trying to get that perfect 7 string tone from Hexagram, When Girls Telephone Boys and Bloody Cape.

I've been playing with my LTD SC-608B for a year and I've just recently acquired an Axe-FX 2. I've found some amazing presets from the community, but I've struggled in getting that GIRTHY guitar tone. I know guitar dubs play a huge role in that sound along with EQ but im just wondering if anyone could send me in the right direction.

I'm currently using the Recto 2 Orange Modern along with the Trad V60 (OH) cab. I've got some other stuff along the guitar chain like a graphic EQ behind the cab, and tube screamer drive pedal in front of the amp. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

deathbyguitar

Inspired
Well I know Stef used Marshall JMP-1's for the longest time, including that era. I'd try one of the 4 JMP models we have in the II along with a Marshall cab of some kind. I don't think a Tube Screamer would get you any closer. I don't think he ever used one of those. Maybe try one of the JMP models?

Top Bottom