Deftones - Around The Fur Tone Match

hwplainview

Hey everyone, I've been hard at work on more TMs and this is one of my favourites. I've done two separate presets, one using the Brit Pre (which is actually a more accurate TM) and one using the ENGL (slightly easier on the ear). One may suit your guitar better than another. Otherwise, adjust to taste and crank it up!

Demo here:

Download links here:

http://axefxpresets.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/deftones-around-fur.html

Enjoy :)

sounds great.
what did you use for the reference?

I kind of did it in two stages - I used some of the very limited guitar parts on the album to get gain and EQ correct, and then found a reasonable quality isolated track on YouTube to nail it. They get taken down all the time but I'm sure any keyword search will yield some results. As I put in my blog post, there are actually some quite fizzy/honky frequencies left in there which is why the Brit Pre is actually the better amp model to use for accuracy - I just think the ENGL is a little easier to listen to!

Great sound for tone matching. Hey I'm very new to the Axe and had a general tone matching question. If I'm trying to tone match a certain band, do I absolutely need a recording or sound byte of just the guitar track? Tried searching online for isolated guitar tracks but came up empty and I'm not sure if say Audacity or Reaper software allows you to separate out the guitar from the rest of the recording.....thanks!!

You don't technically need a proper 'stem' but the audio has to be as isolated as possible, otherwise you end up including loads of unwanted frequencies and the tone match becomes inaccurate. You won't find stems through any legal means - you'll need to get creative. However, there are plenty of videos on youtube where people have managed to isolate guitar tracks-with varying degrees of success. One tip - if there's a song where guitars are on both the left and right channel, try experimenting with the 'Ref Channel' parameter to see what yields the best results. Hope that helps.

thats a great around the fur tone. much appreciated. it sounds super tight without a boost, very focused tone on that album.

Hey everyone, I've been hard at work on more TMs and this is one of my favourites. I've done two separate presets, one using the Brit Pre (which is actually a more accurate TM) and one using the ENGL (slightly easier on the ear). One may suit your guitar better than another. Otherwise, adjust to taste and crank it up!

Demo here:

Download links here:

http://axefxpresets.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/deftones-around-fur.html

Enjoy :)

Man this sounds killer!!! You ever try getting a good tonematch off the diamond eyes record? That album is quite hard to TM due to how stunning the guitars sound (obviously a tad over-produced). I'll keep trying though.

Man this sounds killer!!! You ever try getting a good tonematch off the diamond eyes record? That album is quite hard to TM due to how stunning the guitars sound (obviously a tad over-produced). I'll keep trying though.

I can't say I have no - I actually found a preset that is very close already so just use that. It's the M80 Bleed preset that Guitarjon did a while back - that one gets very close. Think it's just a Recto1 amp model - maybe try the intro to 'You've Seen The Butcher' to get a TM?

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/meshuggah-tonematch-extravaganza.88840/

Back
Top Bottom