Definitions?

Gas Hed

I've found so many options to tweak on the FX8, but I'm not even sure what most of the "knobs" do. Is there a place I can get definitions of what everything is? For example when I go into advanced mode for an effect, I feel overwhelmed with all the different options and what they are there for.

I've found so many options to tweak on the FX8, but I'm not even sure what most of the "knobs" do. Is there a place I can get definitions of what everything is? For example when I go into advanced mode for an effect, I feel overwhelmed with all the different options and what they are there for.
The AxeFx manual on fractalaudio.com has probably the most comprehensive paramater discussion for each effect.

Do you know about the unbuffered tone mode?
When starting up the device hold down the 1, 4, 8 & tempo footswitches whilst turning the C knob counterclockwise.
It sounds much better this way- I don't know why they don't make this the default.

When starting up the device hold down the 1, 4, 8 & tempo footswitches whilst turning the C knob counterclockwise.
It sounds much better this way- I don't know why they don't make this the default.
wat?

since the OP is truly seeking help, i'd like to clarify that the "unbuffered tone mode" mentioned above is a joke. :)

I'd warn you a bit about reading to learn in the case of advanced functionality. Some of what you read seems a lot more complicated than what it really is. If it's a knob and you're curious then turn it! :)

I'd also really suggest spending some time programming it from the front panel as the quick access with the physical knobs makes trying things a lot easier in my experience.

Plus you get to learn to do that as a nice side benefit.

You're not cool. I have better words for you but don't want to be banned.

I'd warn you a bit about reading to learn in the case of advanced functionality. Some of what you read seems a lot more complicated than what it really is. If it's a knob and you're curious then turn it! :)

I'd also really suggest spending some time programming it from the front panel as the quick access with the physical knobs makes trying things a lot easier in my experience.

Plus you get to learn to do that as a nice side benefit.

When using my laptop, is there a "best" way to turn the virtual knobs? I'm using my arrow keys right now, wonder if folks have better feel with a mouse or something else.

When using my laptop, is there a "best" way to turn the virtual knobs? I'm using my arrow keys right now, wonder if folks have better feel with a mouse or something else.

If a value can be typed, I'm just typing the value. But for certain areas like modifier Min/Max, you have to mouse it. I have a Magic Mouse so I occasionally send a knob flying accidentally with the "scroll wheel" but other than that a mouse works great. As with most virtual knobs, if you grab the knob and move the mouse much further away from it, you'll have a finer control of the value (as you're moving in a wider arc around the knob).

I use the track pad with my laptop OR type in numbers... sometimes the second way it s LOT faster ...

Back
Top Bottom