Wish Default scene selector

Do you like this idea?

• Yes, go for it

• No, I prefer the current implementation

Results are only viewable after voting.

DLC86

Fractal Fanatic
As per title, my wish is a clearer way to select the default scene in a preset in place of the current "last saved scene".

This would solve at least 3 issues for me:

1. No more forgetting to always save on the scene I want as default after editing a preset.

2. No more need to remember which scene was the default one after editing a preset.

3. The EDITED LED will not turn on just by changing scene and it'll finally be useful to tell if a preset has really been edited or not.

A good place to add that in the front panel could be the Home screen, we currently have 4 unused knobs there, one of which could be used to select the default scene and the current default scene could simply be indicated by a different font color in the scenes list.

Example: View attachment 63127

Last edited:
As per title, my wish is a clearer way to select the default scene in a preset in place of the current "last saved scene".

This would solve at least 3 issues for me:

1. No more forgetting to always save on the scene I want as default after editing a preset.

2. No more need to remember which scene was the default one after editing a preset.

3. The EDITED LED will not turn on just by changing scene and it'll finally be useful to tell if a preset has really been edited or not.

A good place to add that in the front panel could be the Home screen, there we currently have 4 unused knobs, one of which could be used to select the default scene and the current default scene could simply be indicated by a different font color in the scenes list.
+1. I've proposed a similar wish in the past. Let's change the current default value to "Global Default Scene." Then, for each preset, you can either set a Default Scene, use the Global Default Scene, or select "As Saved."

Last edited:
+1. I've proposed a similar wish in the past. Let's change the current default value to "Global Default Scene." Then, for each preset, see can either set a Default Scene, use the Global Default Scene, or select "As Saved."
+1 - this ^^^^^^^^^^^^

or select "As Saved."
This option would prevent to solve my 3rd issue though, cuz the axe would need to consider a scene change as an edit.
And it is redundant if we have a default scene selector

This option would prevent to solve my 3rd issue though, cuz the axe would need to consider a scene change as an edit.
And it is redundant if we have a default scene selector
Maybe redundant, maybe not, depending on your workflow. :)

I like this idea too. As one example, any time you use vol +/- to balance levels, "last saved scene" would make that the new default scene, which I would not want. Whatever default I select to load the preset, that's the one I want all the time.

Fortunately the AX8 doesn't work this way.

I made this mock-up to make this point clearer, hopefully.
A good place to add that in the front panel could be the Home screen, there we currently have 4 unused knobs, one of which could be used to select the default scene and the current default scene could simply be indicated by a different font color in the scenes list.

DefaultScene.jpg

I am against this idea. It's so much easier to just change to the scene I want and hit save.
Well, everyone has his own respectable opinions and preferences, but I don't see anything much more difficult in turning a knob and hit save :)
But that at least would solve the issues listed in the first post.

PS: and you won't have to repeat that operation every time you edit a preset.

Last edited:
I am against this idea. It's so much easier to just change to the scene I want and hit save.
EDIT: Never mind. I was misunderstanding what we were talking about.

Matt, what about the times when we use Vol +/- and the preset gets saved? Would that function affect the default scene if we aren't already on it?

A lot of people use +/- mid-song, maybe if my solo isn't loud enough (or is too loud), etc, certainly at practice to dial in levels but also sometimes at gigs when needed. This means that the next time I load the preset, it'll load my solo scene as the default. And especially at a show, it's not feasible to remember to have to switch back to Scene 1 and re-save before I go on to the next song.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I've recently loaded Austin Buddy's presets for V12.0 and noticed there is a lot of variation in which scene is saved as default. My work flow is set-up with the assumption that scene 1 is always loaded when a preset is called up, so to make that work I have to re-save all of the AB presets - one by one and each time that there is an update - would be much easier if I could just specify to default to scene 1.

I've recently loaded Austin Buddy's presets for V12.0 and noticed there is a lot of variation in which scene is saved as default. My work flow is set-up with the assumption that scene 1 is always loaded when a preset is called up, so to make that work I have to re-save all of the AB presets - one by one and each time that there is an update - would be much easier if I could just specify to default to scene 1.
If you always use scene 1 as default there's already a global setting for that

Back
Top Bottom