Default Scene & Relevant Scene

• Thread starter Deleted member 79338
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 79338

Hi all

I looked through the forum and managed to find a post that helped with setting a default Scene when navigating presets.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/setting-default-scene.147305/

This helped me change presets and always default back to Scene 1.

However, I set my scenes up as clean, edge, rhythm and lead. What I would like to do is set it so if I am on Preset 1 Scene 3, when I change Preset it automatically selects the same Scene number from the previous Preset.

For example when I reamp the DI, I would like to cycle through all the lead tones I have, currently I can only either have it default to Scene 1 or to the Scene selected the last time I saved the preset.

I hope that makes sense.

Thank you

With the FC6, just have button 3 and 6 set to Up and Down bud.

I have just tried out @austinbuddy Gold Pack presets. From the thread I found regarding defaulting to Scene 1, it seems that post may be irrelevant now as it speaks of a Global Setting. When I use any preset from the Gold pack it default to Scene 1, but on the patches I create, it's last saved so I wonder if since 2019 this is now a per preset function.

Great if it is!

I have just tried out @austinbuddy Gold Pack presets. From the thread I found regarding defaulting to Scene 1, it seems that post may be irrelevant now as it speaks of a Global Setting. When I use any preset from the Gold pack it default to Scene 1, but on the patches I create, it's last saved so I wonder if since 2019 this is now a per preset function.

Great if it is!
There is a global setting in the hardware where you can make it always come upon on Scene 1 when loading a preset, or come up with he Scene you last saved the preset on. Check that out.

Hi @austinbuddy

I think that helps with how you set your presets and will be what I use if I can't figure out what I would like to do.

What I would like to do is not default to Scene One or Last Saved point. Ideally, I would like each Preset change to follow the Scene number from the previously selected Preset.

For example, let us say all of my Lead scenes across all Presets are Scene 4, I record my DI using Preset 1 Scene 4. Now when I reamp, I would like to audition Scene 4 on Preset 2, 3, 4 ,5 so I am listening to various Lead sounds. At the moment, it will jump to Scene 1 (clean) then I have to select Scene 4. This is OK if you are recording Lead however, if you have recorded a clean sound and you cycle to a preset where the last save position was Scene 4 (Lead), its a hell of a jump in sound and noise.

Ideally a Scene Follow would be great for my purpose. Do that per Preset rather than global would be ideal as patches used for Jamming would maybe not want to use this logic.

Loving your Gold pack by the way. The Rsctifiers sound superb.

Mike

For example, let us say all of my Lead scenes across all Presets are Scene 4, I record my DI using Preset 1 Scene 4. Now when I reamp, I would like to audition Scene 4 on Preset 2, 3, 4 ,5 so I am listening to various Lead sounds. At the moment, it will jump to Scene 1 (clean) then I have to select Scene 4.
You can just change the default scene to scene 4, (or 1 or 2 or.........) It takes a few button presses but wouldn't that do what you want?

There’s not a way to do that exactly, but if you really need that workflow, you could get close by doing one of these:

(1) using a MIDI controller to send specific preset and scene commands (e.g. one button that goes to Preset 1, Scene 3 and another button that goes to Preset 2, Scene 3)

or

(2) save multiple copies of each preset in banks, and have a different default scene in each bank. For example, you could have Preset 1 with a default of Scene 1, then Preset 2 with a default of Scene 1, then Preset 3 (copy of preset 1) with a default of Scene 2, then Preset 4 (copy of preset 2) with a default of Scene 2…etc.

You can just change the default scene to scene 4, (or 1 or 2 or.........) It takes a few button presses but wouldn't that do what you want?
Hi

That would work but not sure how practical it would be to remember with each recorded part to make that change.

I know, 3rd world problems but it would help to have a per preset setting.

There’s not a way to do that exactly, but if you really need that workflow, you could get close by doing one of these:

(1) using a MIDI controller to send specific preset and scene commands (e.g. one button that goes to Preset 1, Scene 3 and another button that goes to Preset 2, Scene 3)

or

(2) save multiple copies of each preset in banks, and have a different default scene in each bank. For example, you could have Preset 1 with a default of Scene 1, then Preset 2 with a default of Scene 1, then Preset 3 (copy of preset 1) with a default of Scene 2, then Preset 4 (copy of preset 2) with a default of Scene 2…etc.
Hi

The midi controller is not something I would want to do, purely as I have downsized so don't want to add more gear.

The second option could work when refining presets it would be a pain having to change multiple presets to sound the same.

Thanks for the advice though

Mike

One possible option that could work would be to use PC Mapping.

You could map an otherwise unused preset number to a specific preset + scene combination. Then change to that Preset number.

This would require pre-planning, obviously... And not as slick as your idea of staying on the same scene across preset changes. But if you know the specific scenarios then it might work.

Why not change presets from your DAW, set up a program change with a CC #34 for the scene you want, value 0 = scene1, value 1 = scene2, etc. And you will only have to change the value for the PC.

Hi @unix-guy

I'll look into that as I am not sure how it would work to comment on its effectiveness. I don't mind putting in the leg work if the end result is a quick audition feature.

My only other option would be to not gain stage the amps per preset secene so Clean, Edge, Rhythm and Lead but rather have a clean only preset with two amps and two cabs in and have 8 scenes of various configurations.

This would limit my management as I only use 3 to 4 amps anyway so two patches for clean, two for edge and so on.

I will still make a wish list request though, as I can see this working for others.

Cheers

Mike

Why not change presets from your DAW, set up a program change with a CC #34 for the scene you want, value 0 = scene1, value 1 = scene2, etc. And you will only have to change the value for the PC.
Also a good shout as I used to do this with my Kemper for wah automation and various other automation.

Cheers @lp59

Back
Top Bottom