Default output level of the Axe-Fx III is lower than the Axe-Fx II

Halo from France
It s my first moments with my Axe III , i ve replaced my Xl 2+ ans my first notes info my xitones cabs Gad lots of fewer db so i went to the forum , this thread particularly... and then change the output one of the Axe to + 4 db ,
I had previously set the input according to my guitar pickups....
But nothing more to do to set the Axe with thé cabs perfectly ...??
Thanks for answers and advises
Fafa

I was wondering if there was something more to set , Check , adjust during these firsts moments with the Axe as i expect everything to be as perfect as possible
Thanks .

I’ve always wondered where the line is between consumer and pro gear. My old JBL 305’s has the option of +4 or -10, but are obviously consumer level.
I just got some Adam A7x’s, that are 4x the price, but are still “cheap” compared to some monitors.

Any suggestions for the setting for the Adams?

I’ve always wondered where the line is between consumer and pro gear. My old JBL 305’s has the option of +4 or -10, but are obviously consumer level.
I just got some Adam A7x’s, that are 4x the price, but are still “cheap” compared to some monitors.

I have mine set to +4dBu into my A7x's. All is good. Cheers

hey all, i'm running Axe Fx III Firmware 8.0 - inline with the topic - where or how to set Globals .. is this per preset or overall device output levels

hey all, i'm running Axe Fx III Firmware 8.0 - inline with the topic - where or how to set Globals .. is this per preset or overall device output levels

From the front panel, go into Setup, then I / O and go to the Audio section, then scroll down to OUTPUT 1 CONFIGURATION. You can set the Output Level to -10 or +4 from there.

Dude the Adam A7 is arguably one of, if not THE definitive, metal monitors and they aren’t considered “cheap”
They are RELATIVELY inexpensive compared to the monitors metallica uses at $15k a pop or whatever, but not “cheap”er
The only reason I would change or exchange my Adams were if there was some damage OR if someone wanted to buy them and MAYBE Genelics or Focals, but honestly, i dont think i would ever “upgrade” just like my Xitone cab, its true FRFR and it sounds amazing i dont need a $5k monitor when a $1k monitor is literally just as good quality, just less expensive. I dont beleive price always reflects value, especially in the music instrumental world.....but thats just one persons opinion, and I’m just paying attention to semantics because you used quotes....and i have no issue with my adam a7’s pumping out unbelievable volume with my axe 3 on standard settings

[QUOTE = "Guitarman69, publicación: 1832686, miembro: 55895"]
Ejecuto mi conjunto de Alto TS212s a -10.
[/ CITAR]

I put it on +4, am I in danger?

[QUOTE = "Guitarman69, publicación: 1832686, miembro: 55895"]
Ejecuto mi conjunto de Alto TS212s a -10.
[/ CITAR]

I put it on +4, am I in danger?
No. Just don’t drive your speaker beyond clipping. This is always true for all gear.

If your monitor is well designed, it has a limiter that will prevent damage when overdriven.

Great thread, sorry to be so late to the party. To clarify: I have two Accugroove Wedges arriving next week to use with the Axe III, I should obviously set up the Preference on the Axe III at +4 for use. However, I have signal routed to go out of Outputs 3/4 on the Axe. As per ZedHed's comment above: are Outputs 3/4 not able to send a signal at +4, so must I use Outputs 1/2 to run at +4 ? Appreciate the clarification, want to keep everything optimal.
Btw: I have Input Levels (from bass) optimal and full at the Input Meter on the Axe III, but output meters on the Axe III.. are much lower, the signal is goiing via USB into Ableton and match the Input levels-- they look strong in Ableton... they are returning from Ableton into the Axe III to go into the two Accugrooves (through Axe Outputs 3/4), but again, they are full levels in Ableton and are much lower in the Axe. I am not finding any Ableton setting thats knocking down the output level of the signal so I'm wondering if it has something to do with the Axe III.
I guess this is two questions in one (!) but they may be related.. really appreciate this thread's insight!

Great thread, sorry to be so late to the party. To clarify: I have two Accugroove Wedges arriving next week to use with the Axe III, I should obviously set up the Preference on the Axe III at +4 for use. However, I have signal routed to go out of Outputs 3/4 on the Axe. As per ZedHed's comment above: are Outputs 3/4 not able to send a signal at +4, so must I use Outputs 1/2 to run at +4 ? Appreciate the clarification, want to keep everything optimal.
Btw: I have Input Levels (from bass) optimal and full at the Input Meter on the Axe III, but output meters on the Axe III.. are much lower, the signal is goiing via USB into Ableton and match the Input levels-- they look strong in Ableton... they are returning from Ableton into the Axe III to go into the two Accugrooves (through Axe Outputs 3/4), but again, they are full levels in Ableton and are much lower in the Axe. I am not finding any Ableton setting thats knocking down the output level of the signal so I'm wondering if it has something to do with the Axe III.
I guess this is two questions in one (!) but they may be related.. really appreciate this thread's insight!
You can set the Level control on Output 3/4 blocks up to +20dB (I think).

I use Output 3 to send to my Matrix amp and it has plenty of level.

Back
Top Bottom