Default output level of the Axe-Fx III is lower than the Axe-Fx II

This was completely my fault. The Axe FX 3 outputs are as expected. I have excuses on why I went down such a rabbit hole, but it doesn't matter. It was my fault entirely. A tech from Fractal called me and was incredibly sharp and patient. He created a preset for us to test, etc. I bypassed all of my recording gear, connected to a completely different system at a different studio with the Apollo Twin and signals were fine. If anyone ever has issues with levels I'll be happy to share what I know. Rex, thank you for responding to me about my phantom issue.

Why not share your “head-slap”. Always helps members searching forum that might make same mistake.

+1 Yes, I changed from the XL+ to FX III and use Output 1 into a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20. The first thing I had to do was go to Setup - I/O and change the Output Level for Output 1 to +4 and all was good again.
100 % ...I did exactly the same....Happy Days

What is the correct output level for output 1 to studio monitor or frfr cab, and output 2 to matrix gt1000fx and guitar cab? On matrix manual they say the correct level il 0db...

What is the correct output level for output 1 to studio monitor or frfr cab, and output 2 to matrix gt1000fx and guitar cab? On matrix manual they say the correct level il 0db...
Set them both to +4 dBu to start. If one of the devices starts clipping turn that output down to -10 dBV.

FYI, I run mine at -10db into my Matrix on full power, then use the Output level knob (Output 2 for me) to control the overall volume... Easier to turn 1 knob than 2.

I think I also might have my Output 2 block level adjusted up +4-6db... I don't actually remember, but I can check if you're interested?

I had to go to +4 using 1/4" into my Xitone MBritt... Boy was that thing starving for hotter input! Like night and day!!!! Rocks!!!!

First thing I noticed was the output was too low and figured I wasn’t quite at line level. I found the parameter adjustment and all is well again.

As a side note Re: out 3 & 4, page 30 of the manual states that "Outputs 3 & 4 provide unity gain when the knob is fully clockwise".

I'm correcting old post here: I now set my Out 1 at maximum. My presets are all leveled at -12db average so this works for me.

Back
Top Bottom