• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Default output level of the Axe-Fx III is lower than the Axe-Fx II

TJ Lincoln

New here
This was completely my fault. The Axe FX 3 outputs are as expected. I have excuses on why I went down such a rabbit hole, but it doesn't matter. It was my fault entirely. A tech from Fractal called me and was incredibly sharp and patient. He created a preset for us to test, etc. I bypassed all of my recording gear, connected to a completely different system at a different studio with the Apollo Twin and signals were fine. If anyone ever has issues with levels I'll be happy to share what I know. Rex, thank you for responding to me about my phantom issue.
Why not share your “head-slap”. Always helps members searching forum that might make same mistake.

Shaun Attwood

New here
+1 Yes, I changed from the XL+ to FX III and use Output 1 into a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20. The first thing I had to do was go to Setup - I/O and change the Output Level for Output 1 to +4 and all was good again.
100 % ...I did exactly the same....Happy Days

What is the correct output level for output 1 to studio monitor or frfr cab, and output 2 to matrix gt1000fx and guitar cab? On matrix manual they say the correct level il 0db...

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
What is the correct output level for output 1 to studio monitor or frfr cab, and output 2 to matrix gt1000fx and guitar cab? On matrix manual they say the correct level il 0db...
Set them both to +4 dBu to start. If one of the devices starts clipping turn that output down to -10 dBV.

unix-guy

Legend!
FYI, I run mine at -10db into my Matrix on full power, then use the Output level knob (Output 2 for me) to control the overall volume... Easier to turn 1 knob than 2.

I think I also might have my Output 2 block level adjusted up +4-6db... I don't actually remember, but I can check if you're interested?

William Mims

Inspired
I had to go to +4 using 1/4" into my Xitone MBritt... Boy was that thing starving for hotter input! Like night and day!!!! Rocks!!!!

First thing I noticed was the output was too low and figured I wasn’t quite at line level. I found the parameter adjustment and all is well again.

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
As a side note Re: out 3 & 4, page 30 of the manual states that "Outputs 3 & 4 provide unity gain when the knob is fully clockwise".
I'm correcting old post here: I now set my Out 1 at maximum. My presets are all leveled at -12db average so this works for me.

Top Bottom