Default output level of the Axe-Fx III is lower than the Axe-Fx II

Hello guys👋axe fx 3 will arrive next week, how do I set the out level on the axe fx3? - 10db as default? Or do I need to change it to +4db? I am just running two studio monitors, Yamaha hs8, connected directly through xlr balanced cables. Reading previous posts it seems I have got to run it a +4db, just wish to be sure, thanks guys, cheers

Hello guys👋axe fx 3 will arrive next week, how do I set the out level on the axe fx3? - 10db as default? Or do I need to change it to +4db? I am just running two studio monitors, Yamaha hs8, connected directly through xlr balanced cables. Reading previous posts it seems I have got to run it a +4db, just wish to be sure, thanks guys, cheers
Either will work. It just sets the range of the output knob. Try both and see what you prefer. Don’t need to overthink this setting too much.

Per the manual for those, the balanced XLR and 1/4 inputs are +4 dBu and the unbalanced RCA input is -10 dBV.
I found that after posting too…which means I should match that same setting in my Axe FX correct? Is that global or per output? The reason I ask is because I’m using output 3/4 for running into Fryette power amp and cab and how sure if the PowerStation will like that level.

I found that after posting too…which means I should match that same setting in my Axe FX correct? Is that global or per output?
Yes, per output 1/2.
The reason I ask is because I’m using output 3/4 for running into Fryette power amp and cab and how sure if the PowerStation will like that level.
No such setting for Out 3/4, they are line level so the Fryette will be fine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom