Default Layout for Preset Load

I think this may ultimately be desirable for scenarios where a computer is mostly driving the show, e.g., some Broadway and Vegas gigs, tours like Periphery, etc. There are some far cooler and more exciting items on the wishlist though.
There’s a lot of people not making big Vegas shows but using an iPad for selecting songs and the corresponding sound on their Axe-Fx, they surely would feel excitement to be able to load a specific layout for each preset in use. Thanks for the constant evolution of your products, and a happy Christmas to you and your family.

I wanna throw this out there in case any one else is needing this feature but is not able to figure it out. This isn't an exact solution, as it won't switch layouts if you select a preset from the Axe FX III itself.... but this has been a great solution for me when selecting presets from the FC12. It was kind of mentioned above, but I didn't really understand until I dove in and played with it. It's really easy using Axe Edit III:

For this exeample, my Layout #1 contains presets switches, and my Layout #3 contains effects switches.
When I select a preset from Layout #1, I want to automatically load Layout #3 so I can control the effects in that preset.

So, in Layout #1, I select the footswitch (let's say switch #5) that corresponds to a preset. Then I go to Layout Links (click the "Edit Links" button). Note that the title of the popup window indicates the Layout # and Switch #. In this example, the title is Layout Links: Layout 1 Switch 5.

I only have one FC12, so I configure FC#1 and choose Layout 3 for the Tap function.

That's all there is to it! I repeat the proces for my other preset switches in Layout #1. So now when I press any preset switch in Layout #1, the unit switches to the apprpriate preset and automatically loads Layout #3.

I know this is probably wicked obvious to some folks, but this is one complex unit (ok, two complex units if you include the FC12) so sometimes spelling stuff out step by step is helpful... Maybe it helps someone else :)

1610591928369.png

1610592022755.png

+1 Having any preset load to a particular layout would be awesome. E.g.: You load preset 2 and Layout 7 loads automatically, You load preset 3 and Layout 1 loads automatically. Layout Links work fine for a workaround, as long as you're selecting your preset from an FC.

Back
Top Bottom