Default Layout for Preset Load

WITELITE

Experienced
Is there a setting that would set say Layout 2 every time I loaded a new preset? Sorry if I missed this in the manual? I see there is a default on startup but I don't see how to default on preset change? Or if not and you are sending preset changes through midi, can you specify the layout through a midi command?

Is there a setting that would set say Layout 2 every time I loaded a new preset? Sorry if I missed this in the manual? I see there is a default on startup but I don't see how to default on preset change? Or if not and you are sending preset changes through midi, can you specify the layout through a midi command?
Page 22 of the manual... Or search for "startup".

First off thanks so much for being so responsive. I'll buy you a beer if you at NAMM :)

I did look at that setting but I think that's only when the unit powers on. Lets say you like to be on "Scenes". You to to the preset layout and select a preset. It stays on the preset layout. I was looking for a way to lets say load the scenes layout every time I change presets regardless of where I was.

Thanks

MM

First off thanks so much for being so responsive. I'll buy you a beer if you at NAMM :)

I did look at that setting but I think that's only when the unit powers on. Lets say you like to be on "Scenes". You to to the preset layout and select a preset. It stays on the preset layout. I was looking for a way to lets say load the scenes layout every time I change presets regardless of where I was.

Thanks

MM
Sorry, I misunderstood. Checkout Layout Links in the manual.

I would love a "Default Preset/Scene" to load, upon startup (user define-able) !

You want to force the Axe-Fx III to always load Preset X, Scene N when it starts up.

That would be an Axe-Fx III feature, not an FC feature.

The feature you're looking for is called Layout Link - it will load a specific Layout after it performs whatever the action is that you set for the switch (In this case after the preset is changed it will load the layout you want).

This is not exposed via the EZ menu. You have to go to the Layouts tab from Setup | FC Controllers. Select the layout you want and then the switch you want and then edit the layout link(s).

You want to force the Axe-Fx III to always load Preset X, Scene N when it starts up.

That would be an Axe-Fx III feature, not an FC feature.

Thanks but my Q is different. I'm wanting to always load say "Layout 2" whenever I switch presets. The Layout Link function may have some promise here but I've read it a few times and am not getting it.

Do I have to go into the preset layout and for every button include a Layout Link that goes to Layout 2? And if so, how would that work if the presets were being changed remotely from another program?

MM

The feature you're looking for is called Layout Link - it will load a specific Layout after it performs whatever the action is that you set for the switch (In this case after the preset is changed it will load the layout you want).

This is not exposed via the EZ menu. You have to go to the Layouts tab from Setup | FC Controllers. Select the layout you want and then the switch you want and then edit the layout link(s).

Thanks but what if the presets are not changed from the switches? (ie Bandhelper or another MIDI PC)?

Thanks but my Q is different. I'm wanting to always load say "Layout 2" whenever I switch presets. The Layout Link function may have some promise here but I've read it a few times and am not getting it.

Do I have to go into the preset layout and for every button include a Layout Link that goes to Layout 2? And if so, how would that work if the presets were being changed remotely from another program?

MM
That reply from Matt was to another post, not yours...

@Admin M@ and @BryantP - what about adding MIDI CC support for selecting a layout? There would need to be separate CC messages for each FC unit or the value would have two pieces of info encoded - something like high nibble is FC unit # and low nibble is layout #.

@Admin M@ and @BryantP - what about adding MIDI CC support for selecting a layout? There would need to be separate CC messages for each FC unit or the value would have two pieces of info encoded - something like high nibble is FC unit # and low nibble is layout #.

+1!! Or an option in the Axe for layout load on each preset. Here's hoping....

MM

Back
Top Bottom