Def Leppard On Jimmy Kimmel - Off Air Peformance

Really nice to see the early DL songs still having traction after so many years - I remember really digging High and Dry in the early days when they had not really taken off yet - was such a fresh and addictive hard rock sound - very unique for the time - those early songs very timeless to me - I still reach for that album often - great band.

Here is the vid from Sirius from the whiskey gig

Not bad for a bunch of Grampa's lol....

/kidding

We should all be so thankful that they are still alive and sharing their music with us, and shouldn't expect them to not get old, as it's happening to all of us.... nothing lasts forever, so instead of being cynical and judging, enjoy it while it's here folks.

Rocket was great!

Not bad for a bunch of Grampa's lol....

/kidding

We should all be so thankful that they are still alive and sharing their music with us, and shouldn't expect them to not get old, as it's happening to all of us.... nothing lasts forever, so instead of being cynical and judging, enjoy it while it's here folks.

Rocket was great!
Lot's of elderly rockers still out there for sure lol - big $ to be made from younger gens tapping into those great songs (+ a lot just love doing it I guess) - Credit to those younger gen fans who discover these bands in their later years and find enjoyment in the live shows even though with age, particularly with vocals, it's hard for those older artists to maintain the range they used to have. I have a tendency to perhaps be more cynical about old rockstars still givn'r live because I have their youthful energy fixed in my head from back in the day. Ya - it's not gonna last as the age of superstars is passing. We need to make supestars out of some of the awesome new rockers out there.

Last edited:
Here is the vid from Sirius from the whiskey gig

Sounds pretty freaking good to me.

:)

Love seeing Viv playing a Les Paul with P90s.

Still not a fan of Mutt's (over)production and Hysteria-era Leppard. But that
was awesome.

Last edited:
Really nice to see the early DL songs still having traction after so many years - I remember really digging High and Dry in the early days when they had not really taken off yet - was such a fresh and addictive hard rock sound - very unique for the time - those early songs very timeless to me - I still reach for that album often - great band.

Same here. Pyromania really tested me. Hysteria broke me. I have just never
been a fan of that heavy-handed production approach, unless you are Queen
and Roy Thomas Baker. :)

The pristine sheen and hard rock are kind of mutually exclusive in my world.
Polish all the edges off and even my favourite bands can become a lot of "Meh."
No one's required to please me, though. And I am not apologizing for my tastes. :)

Love how most everyone on this forum is a proud AXE FX user but some of these comments are pathetic. I guess some on this forum have better tone out of their AXE FX units than say Def Leppard and even Metallica. WTH???? Phil was never a super great lead guy and neither was Kirk Hammett but guess what, those two are up on a stage being rock star millionaires while many of us are in our basements
rocking out in our underwear playing for our dog! Tough crowd........

Love how most everyone on this forum is a proud AXE FX user but some of these comments are pathetic. I guess some on this forum have better tone out of their AXE FX units than say Def Leppard and even Metallica. WTH???? Phil was never a super great lead guy and neither was Kirk Hammett but guess what, those two are up on a stage being rock star millionaires while many of us are in our basements
rocking out in our underwear playing for our dog! Tough crowd........
Hey, my dog digs my playing and once I started padding the underwear in the right places, I look pretty damn good strutting my stuff. I've got an armadillo in my trousers!

Disagreement can be discussed like adults, but some of you are acting nonsensically childish, by bashing anyone who disagrees with you. How many of you work for the band haha? Or how many of you defend every single famous person based on their fame? It's disgusting seeing this level of sycophantism.

I'm sorry, you guys are right. No rock star whose tune you specifically have ever hummed to yourself can ever do wrong. Now I think Joe Elliot just spat on the floor in the corner. Which one of you lovely guys is going to go lick it up for him?

Listen, I love a bunch of Def Leppard, but aging is no excuse for becoming lame. And by the way, this is a criticism of one freaking video! Since when is that grounds for trying to somehow insult people you don't know for not liking something? This is madness.

Disagreement can be discussed like adults, but some of you are acting nonsensically childish, by bashing anyone who disagrees with you. How many of you work for the band haha? Or how many of you defend every single famous person based on their fame? It's disgusting seeing this level of sycophantism.

I'm sorry, you guys are right. No rock star whose tune you specifically have ever hummed to yourself can ever do wrong. Now I think Joe Elliot just spat on the floor in the corner. Which one of you lovely guys is going to go lick it up for him?

Listen, I love a bunch of Def Leppard, but aging is no excuse for becoming lame. And by the way, this is a criticism of one freaking video! Since when is that grounds for trying to somehow insult people you don't know for not liking something? This is madness.
Maybe you should, I dunno, let it go? It’s the internet. First time here? Welcome!! :p

Maybe you should, I dunno, let it go? It’s the internet. First time here? Welcome!! :p

I love a lot about this forum, but this kind of BS won't stand here, and won't stand with me. You suggest I should bend over and take it, and let everyone who's acting like as big a jerk they can do this kind of crap in the future? Then maybe if I'm lucky you, and I, and anyone else who might disagree with anyone else on this forum can be lambasted, rather than just be able to say, "I disagree," calmly, and just discuss things like cool people, instead of just turning childish. It's hateful. I don't want to help this forum turn into a terrible place by letting bullies act out their nature. You think it's a good idea for this forum to mirror this particular thread? I think that would be a terrible waste of an otherwise great forum.

What's next? You bring up a bug in the lastest firmware, and you're a loser? Or you suggest someone not buy a particular guitar, and you know nothing about music? You think this thread is okay, and I'm out of line for calling it out?

The responses on this thread have become completely out of line. I really don't know what it takes for disagreement of this trivial a nature to turn into attempts at attacking entire groups of people who feel differently. It's like some sort of hyper-politics. This forum can be a great place where we all come with different musical perspectives and talk about them, rather than just attacking each other.

Suggesting you're taking it all a wee bit too personally.

To let some random comments on the internet throw you into a complete breakdown on a guitar processor forum seems to overshadow anyone else grumbling one way or another.

That's weird that you're reading my posts that way. I've been reading some of the people insulting critics of the videos as taking it too personally. I've been posted specifically in favor of taking personal stuff out of musical discussion.

That's weird that you're reading my posts that way. I've been reading some of the people insulting critics of the videos as taking it too personally. I've been posted specifically in favor of taking personal stuff out of musical discussion.
Probably has more to do with you seemingly beating a dead horse. It aint that what you're saying isn't valid. I agree with much of what you've stated. You're just reiterating it over and over and over and your tone (see what I did there?) is getting more and more angry. You're likely not changing any minds.

But hey, if you enjoy this type of discussion, carry on! I'm not looking to blast you. Just offering another worthless opinion ;).

Yeah, so nothing anyone says really matters....but it is entertaining.
Haha, maybe not anyone. But on a gear related forum? I'm going with it doesn't really matter.

And yes... a 9 page thread arguing about Def Leppard/Phil Collen in 2022 is entertaining.

I don't do much forums interaction other than this one, but one thing I've learned is that it's pretty tough to convince anyone
of anything in SM - everyone's just putting there own spin out there as far as opinion goes - there's no real invested relationships so few really care at all about the person they are interacting with, and therefore the thoughfullness in communications is not there either. I can come in here and tell someone they are full of it with little / no impact to myself in any way, unlike doing that with a good friend or even just a periodic acquaintance where it'll leave a trail of something - thats social media - it is what it is - can be useful, but not a replacement for genuine human interaction. Even with good intentions of being caring in SM communications, it's tough to do.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom