Def Leppard Makes the Switch to the Axe-Fx III

It’s not unusual to have someone in charge of wrangling the rig during large productions. That usually falls to the guitar tech.

This is true for the *vast* majority of major touring acts at this point. Even when you see an on-stage pedal board in front of the performer, 8 times out of 10 the tech is doing the majority of the switching off-stage and the board is there for safety/if the artist wants to hit it.

Saw Trevor Rabin last October with Yes playing through what his tech told me was a new AXE III- he was playing through 2 Mission Engineering Gemini II's in stereo as well...sounded incredible and the best I'd ever heard out of the 4 tours I've seen him play with Yes live.

Congrats GAS (sorry);), FAS team!!!! you know I love U!!

Phil, Viv and Rick you are welcome to our family!!!

Who knows, but could be that they join in the forum requesting Def Leppard presets??:relaxed:

What I'm wondering is if they are going for period acurate tones (old Marshall, Rockman/GK, JMP-1) for the different tones or just one good rocking tone for of the distorted songs? :)

I saw them last night in Portland, and they sounded really good. What was funny, is that they put images of cabinets on the display screen behind them.

Wow, just saw the Journey/Def Leppard show at The Forum in LA last night....definitely amazing tone from both groups. And yeah the "video" of cabs every now and again on stage was pretty funny!!!
Really fun/great show overall.

I saw them last night in Portland, and they sounded really good. What was funny, is that they put images of cabinets on the display screen behind them.
Bad Company did the same thing at their concert. They had quad 4 x 12 stacks and dual 8 x 10 bass stack. They looked real in the 15th row. Then they all caught fire and were gone. It was all silk screened.

Matthias Jabs has been a favorite of mine for years.
First time I saw him live was on the World Wide Live (aka Love at First Sting) 1984 tour, what a monster player! So much energy and chops for days. Definitely a HUGE influence on my playing style.

I saw the guys in their home town of Sheffield here in England last night.

Def Leppard are my gateway drug, they're the band who got me heavily into music, and Phil Collen was the guy who got me into playing.
I've seen the band regularly since '92 and must have seen them 14x or so times.

I can honestly say they had collectively the best tones I've heard from them all last night,

Sav's bass tones was great not lost in the mix like it has done before.
Phil and Viv had plenty of guts and balls but clarity in their tones, when they were using different guitars I could hear a change in the tone - Now I know they might have been using different patches but in the past there wasn't the difference when they'd switch guitars I heard last night

All in all, dead pleased to hear how good the guys were sounding, and you Fractal guys really should be proud of how impressive the tones were

I did however find it odd when the rear screen was set up to represent amp cabs, Phil's had the atomic logo on. I get why Viv's had Engl due to his association with them, but unless Phil is using Atomic cabs as monitors I dont get why there couldn't have been a cheeky Fractal badge there

I saw the guys in their home town of Sheffield here in England last night.

Def Leppard are my gateway drug, they're the band who got me heavily into music, and Phil Collen was the guy who got me into playing.
I've seen the band regularly since '92 and must have seen them 14x or so times.

I can honestly say they had collectively the best tones I've heard from them all last night,

Sav's bass tones was great not lost in the mix like it has done before.
Phil and Viv had plenty of guts and balls but clarity in their tones, when they were using different guitars I could hear a change in the tone - Now I know they might have been using different patches but in the past there wasn't the difference when they'd switch guitars I heard last night

All in all, dead pleased to hear how good the guys were sounding, and you Fractal guys really should be proud of how impressive the tones were

I did however find it odd when the rear screen was set up to represent amp cabs, Phil's had the atomic logo on. I get why Viv's had Engl due to his association with them, but unless Phil is using Atomic cabs as monitors I dont get why there couldn't have been a cheeky Fractal badge there

We discussed getting some Fractal-branded cabs up there.

Back
Top Bottom