Def Leppard Makes the Switch to the Axe-Fx III

That is 100% up to the individual artists. For example, all of the presets we designed with Synyster Gates from Avenged Sevenfold are available for purchase on his store. Similarly, we'll be releasing the patches I designed with James Valentine from Maroon 5 soon. The factory Petrucci rig preset is very similar to the preset JP uses live, etc. etc. It just depends on what level of publicity each artist is comfortable with in terms of their sounds.

I only see cab packs for sale on Synyster's site, no presets.

Many artists are super private and secretive about their settings/tricks to achieve their sound. I find it kind of funny considering all the "tone is in the hands" arguments I see get thrown around and then you have world famous artists acting like they'd be giving you the keys to the lambo if you rock their preset in your bedroom.

That is 100% up to the individual artists. For example, all of the presets we designed with Synyster Gates from Avenged Sevenfold are available for purchase on his store. Similarly, we'll be releasing the patches I designed with James Valentine from Maroon 5 soon. The factory Petrucci rig preset is very similar to the preset JP uses live, etc. etc. It just depends on what level of publicity each artist is comfortable with in terms of their sounds.

Interesting points, which makes it even more cool that Mike Spreitzer from DevilDriver posted a thread and interacted with members on this forum http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/devildriver-audiovaultstudio-presets.131238/

And also uploaded some of his own personal tones as free presets to Axechange
http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/s...Spreitzer&fields=username&products=0&setups=0

Can’t see Phil Collen or Viv Campbell doing that.

Last edited:
Well here in Munich the guitar tones were right on spot IMHO, both two sounded very well, though I preferred a bit Vivian Campbell, perhaps just because I like his playing a bit more than Pill Collen´s. They had both that distinctive polished tone that can be heard on their records, although the whole mix was not that great to my ears: bass was too prominent and made the overall sound a bit messy at certain moments. I don´t think anybody could tell if they played thru amp sims or true stuff. Joe Elliott was not great but definitely better than I was reported him to be live.

Then Bon Jovi sounded a bit better to me, more balanced overall, I don´t know what uses Phil X but sounded terrific as well. And John Bon Jovi was unable to sing properly many songs, let alone any chorus without the support of the band, we is totally finished voice wise.

Can’t see Phil Collen or Viv Campbell doing that.

man man you can't compare an unknown band vs a very famous band like Def Leppard,also Vivian and Phil doesnt build their presets the guitar tech is who build Dep Leppard presets.,do some research on this forum about what amp,cab,chorus Vivian and Phil use on his presets.

Back
Top Bottom