Def Leppard Foolin

I worked with Def Leppard programming their rigs a couple times before and between tours.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCZH7muH8pw
I get a mention around 11:45. Most of what you'll need to get the tone right is explained in the video.

I would suggest tone matching the intro and using either a Piezo pickup in an electric guitar with a compressor block. Vivian uses metal picks to get the attack sound/jangle you hear in the intro. You can also blend a clean sound with some chorus too. The regular rock rhythm and lead is all JMP

I worked with Def Leppard programming their rigs a couple times before and between tours.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCZH7muH8pw
I get a mention around 11:45. Most of what you'll need to get the tone right is explained in the video.

I would suggest tone matching the intro and using either a Piezo pickup in an electric guitar with a compressor block. Vivian uses metal picks to get the attack sound/jangle you hear in the intro. You can also blend a clean sound with some chorus too. The regular rock rhythm and lead is all JMP

Thanks for jumping in on this.....

No replies from Mark....I am sure he is busy, I did bump another older thread I found and see if it will bear any fruit :)

I have been sitting in front of my near fields for weeks now experimenting with the G3 amps in different mixes and it can be fatiguing trying to separate the differences in the high gain amp models. I am admittedly a Marshall kinda guy and there are a plethora of amp models based on this topography. I seem to have the same problem with the amps sounding very similar and having to dig really deep into the amps to try and voice them differently. Right now I just wanted to emulate this guitar as close as possible, but the amps all have this underlying fizz to the distortion they create....I can't get rid of it...if this makes sense to anyone.
I have found the Dynamic Presence and Transformer Match to make some noticeable changes, but not enough...

Back
Top Bottom