Def Leppard - "Foolin'" Preset Added!

How are you using the 3 inputs?
I'm just using the front 'Instrument' input. That input feeds all three parallel rows. Row 2 is the main distorted rhythm tone matched sound. Row 3 is a clean sound that is blended with the main rhythm sound and also with row 4. Row 4 is the acoustic tone matched sound.

Last edited:
Pyromania was one of my favorite albums when I was a kid so I've heard it hundreds of times.

This sounds great. You're DEFinitely on the right track.

Yeah this confesses me
That 'Input-Gate' block at the far left side of the grid will have whatever signal(s) that are coming into Input(s) #1. What that signal is depends on how you have your 'Input #1' configured (LEFT ONLY/ L+R SUM/ STEREO) and what is plugged in to those inputs.

If set to 'Left Only', whatever is plugged into 'Input #1' left is mono, but is still present in both sides of the stereo signal path in that 'Input-Gate' block at the far left side of the grid.

If set to 'L+R Sum', whatever is plugged into 'Input #1' left and/or right is mono, but is still present in both sides of the stereo signal path in that 'Input-Gate' block at the far left side of the grid.

If set to 'Stereo', whatever is plugged into 'Input #1' left and right stays a stereo signal path in that 'Input-Gate' block at the far left side of the grid.

As you connect blocks to that 'Input-Gate' block, a left and right signal is present as it inters each block. Once again.....(What that signal is depends on how you have your 'Input #1' configured and what is plugged in to those inputs). Some blocks have a parameter that lets you select which part if the stereo signal it will allow into the block (LEFT ONLY/ L+R SUM/ STEREO). This allows you to send only the left or right side of the stereo signal down that particular signal chain to process separately. For example... A Piezo equipped guitar can plug the magnetic pickups into 'Input #1' left and the piezo output into 'Input #1' right and process them separately. Or two guitarists could share one Axe-Fx.

In my case, My 'Input #1' is configured for 'Left Only' (front). So any block that is connected to the 'Input-Gate' block will have whatever is plugged into 'Input #1 left' present in both the left and right side of the stereo signal. This allowed me to process my guitar signal in 3 different ways and then re-combine them.

Sorry for the long-winded post..........There's still more to explain.....:eek:

If I have time tonight, I going to make a few tweaks based on what I hear in this tone test clip and then post the preset if anyone is interested.
Great job Moke! This is one of my favorite DL songs. Would love the preset when it's finished, as your presets really translate well to my gear.
Your tone matches seem to have a lot more depth and dynamics than when I try to do it. It would be appreciated (probably by a lot of us here) if you could share your procedure for how to get great tone matching success for all of us that aren't doing it right.

Back
Top Bottom