Wish Dedicated Virtual Capo Block

I asked for the same thing a while back...it would be GREAT to have it. More instances of the pitch block wouldn't hurt my feelings either:cool: Moke came up with an outrageously cool way of extending the functionality of the pitch blocks by having left doing something different from right, but sadly my brain has a much easier time remember what's happening when I have a block doing one thing.

Should be possible??? Would need to have the preset to be sure.

It's not possible, because you can't use three pitch blocks. I want a virtual capo, AND a whammy, AND a harmony block later. You could swap between the whammy and virtual capo, but it would mean you can't change tuning on any presets that need a whammy effect.

It's not possible, because you can't use three pitch blocks. I want a virtual capo, AND a whammy, AND a harmony block later. You could swap between the whammy and virtual capo, but it would mean you can't change tuning on any presets that need a whammy effect.
Moke is a wizard! He's figured out a way to use the left and right channel for different things. 2x2 = 4

Hmmm....🧐pitch shifting a pitch shifted signal ...

Hmmm....🧐whammy shifting a pitch shifted signal

Hmmm...🧐 pitch shifting a pitch shifted signal that’s whammy shifting

:oops:......👍:D

Like I said. I need to see your preset and need to know what exactly you need per scene/switch etc...

You could have an expression pedal attached to the 'Advanced Whammy' Control parameter for the Whammy effect itself, and just use channels for different Start and Stop values for the drop tuning effect. Or, if you need more than four different settings, have the Start and Stop parameters connected to 'Scene Controllers' or a Control Switch, etc.. for dropping (or raising?) the Start and Stop pitch as needed.

Last edited:
If you have a virtual capo set using a pitch block then want to use a whammy and a harmony you can’t as you can only have 2 pitch blocks

As virtual capo is really an overall setting it would be great as a block in its own right
Or make it so we have have 3 or 4 pitch blocks
Please 🙏🙏
I think a better solution is to have a global pitch shift in the global menu that acts as a virtual capo with the ability to assign how many increments you can shift through from an assigned foot switch. Eg. foot switch controls the global virtual capo parameters.

I think we all agree that a capo block would be best. Moke is kindly offering to help with what is CURRENTLY available on the axe iii
I am aware of Moke’s help and was not trying to argue any points he made. My comment was directed toward the original Wish comment that started the thread. As the wish was directed at having a virtual capo block, I merely expanded on that thought stating that I believe it would be best to have this at the global level. I did not mean any offense.

Back
Top Bottom