Wish Dedicated Stutter/Glitch block

In all very achievable if they chose to

There you said it! If they choose to :)
But glitching and looping is not the main focus of the Axe fx and I very much doubt if it ever will be. Main focus is amp modelling.

There you said it! If they choose to :)
But glitching and looping is not the main focus of the Axe fx and I very much doubt if it ever will be. Main focus is amp modelling.

but if you +1 on any wish for those features, there's a much better chance they will ;-)
customers influence development

also to add, when reading about the fractal, history, goals, etc...i came across this on Music Radar
When Cliff Chase, founder of Fractal Audio Systems, set about designing the Axe-Fx, he wanted to build the best effects processor ever, and to take amp simulation further than ever before
So before I started reading this forum, I believed that though the processor is superb at simulating Amps, it is also superb at FX - with 1 DSP dedicated to Amp modelling, 1 DSP is available for everything else...

Last edited:
axe connected to laptop via usb, which places the laptop audio at the end of the axe layout. ableton live running as a digital mixer with plugins instantiated in separate tracks (i.e. all running in parallel), feeding two loopers. all controlled by Lemur running on an ipad.

Do you have any videos that run through your rig? Would love to see how you use that setup.

but if you +1 on any wish for those features, there's a much better chance they will ;-)
customers influence development

I would not keep up your hopes too high. People are asking for years already for more loop and glitch stuff. It just is not priority number one for FAS.

Last edited:
Still gotta ask ;)
+1! One of the coolest effects I've ever heard was the original Stutter algorithm from my old H3000. Eventide themselves weren't even able to replicate it exactly in the Orville i had (it was much more basic) so i would think there was something really complicated going on with the original algorithm. Probably next to impossible to reproduce?

Definitely a fan of glitch effects. Always love trying to find ways to achieve those sounds on whatever units I come across. I get the most Infinite Jets Glitch A style vibe from the Megatap block as is. Envelope + Repeating samples of playing is p nice.

Hologram's Microcosm does solid glitch + granular with looping/midi clock sync + stereo for anyone interested. I liked mood, blooper, and Drolo Fx's Stammen style glitch. By far, my favorite is SP404's DJFX and Kaoss Pad (but that requires free hands). However, there's a free FX rack in ableton that does a good job emulating the SP404's layout and you could map controls to footswitches.

yeah, done all this bro

check out the presets i made available. there's some glitch stutter stuff in there. one nice trick is to attach a random modifier to the delay time, but only have it running while it's not stuttering, as it were. so every time you engage, the delay time is different. loads of cool stuff you can do.
Bro where I can see all these you have done please?

I'm confused, don't see that.
I do have the preference set to show signatures, just checked.
But actually I don't think I'm seeing anyone's signatures here on my phone.
Is that normal?
I use both iPhone and iPad to access the forum. On my phone I don't see the signatures, on the iPad I do.

I think it's by design due to limited screen real estate on a phone screen.

Back
Top Bottom