Wish Dedicated LFOs on the Synth block

Kamil Kisiel

Power User
I find myself eating up LFOs in patches with the synth block. I like to use the synth block for drones, amongst other things, and usually I use modulation on the duty cycle for square waves to do PWM, and on the filter frequency to get some animation. It's also nice to be able to have different rates for those parameters for different voices. Currently there's only two LFOs so at least two of the voices in a synth block need to share rates. Assigning an LFO to the filter frequency means that it can't be controlled by the guitar envelope as well... this can be worked around with the external filter block though.

So my suggestion is to add at least one, preferably two, LFOs per synth block block voice that can be assigned to filter frequency and duty cycle, maybe also to tune since it can make the synth sound more "analog" to have that slowly drifting (alternatively a dedicated tuning drift knob that does this would also be cool).

I think these relatively simple additions can make the synth block sound a lot better and less sterile.

2 x LFOs per block, assignable to any parameter(s) just in that block. Put two LFOs on the delay time of a delay block with different depth/rate, let them fight each other. Or chorus/pitch, get some slow subtle analog drift going that you can save with the block state.

Back
Top Bottom