Dedicated cabs to Amp-types

@Cliff:
Is it possible create a possibility to get information with which built in standard cab you created your Amp-modeling for the certain types?
I recently played in vacation with my old POD HD (which is so far wüaway from Axe Fx). When you chose an amp there is a dedicated cab automatic chosen, which i think is great for a starting point.
In the Axe 3 we have so many cabs, and i often get ear fatigue when i am looking for the right cab.

Would it be possible, to at least get a pdf document where we can find out with which built in cab you model your amp?

Cheers
Malte

In many cases an amp (head) has been modelled without an accompanying cab, AFAIK.
So often there's not a directly "connected" cab IR. The list indicates which cab is the most suitable, under "Stock cab".

It's an interesting idea to have a "default" cab for each amp. And then you run into the problem of channels in the amp block potentially set to different amps. I guess the software would have to look at each channel of the amp block and default each channel of the cab block appropriately.

But ultimately, there is too much personal preference involved and I don't know how many users would find it useful. I find @2112's video about selecting cab IR's more useful that I would a default cab block assignment.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/how-to-choose-an-ir-my-method.147857/

It's an interesting idea to have a "default" cab for each amp. And then you run into the problem of channels in the amp block potentially set to different amps. I guess the software would have to look at each channel of the amp block and default each channel of the cab block appropriately.

But ultimately, there is too much personal preference involved and I don't know how many users would find it useful. I find @2112's video about selecting cab IR's more useful that I would a default cab block assignment.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/how-to-choose-an-ir-my-method.147857/

Just saw the video and tested.
Very cool!

Back
Top Bottom