decomposing foam in ATA case

Thanks, I'm on fence for solvents and really dont have place to use safely anyways...
If you get spray goo-gone, it's fine to use almost anywhere.
The last case I did was an oversized briefcase style, and I did all the spray and scraping in my home office.
Just put it on a piece of cardboard and wear rubber gloves. Have something to drop the chunks of foam in (like a cardboard box you're going to throw out).

Years ago I restored a few headliners after the foam deteriorated
I used a big brass wire brush with a handle and a shop vac.

..maybe take that thing to the car wash 👍

The last case I did was an oversized briefcase style, and I did all the spray and scraping in my home office.
Just put it on a piece of cardboard and wear rubber gloves. Have something to drop the chunks of foam in (like a cardboard box you're going to throw out).
Yeah, this is defiantly the way to go after all of the responses, I'm guessing I'll get a 24oz bottle of it hopefully I wont need more... I like that its a citrus product! appreciate everyone's input, this forum is just full of helpful and insightful people! :) Thanks to all that responded!

It’s true. Goo Gone is safe for almost any surface — but not for all of them. For example: certain kinds of overmolded plastics. If it gets onto an incompatible surface, the result is a persistent stickiness that can take months or years to resolve itself. Always test first to make sure you know what the result will be.

It’s true. Goo Gone is safe for almost any surface — but not for all of them. For example: certain kinds of overmolded plastics. If it gets onto an incompatible surface, the result is a persistent stickiness that can take months or years to resolve itself. Always test first to make sure you know what the result will be.
My 'anywhere' was meant as - you can do the work anywhere in the house (don't need a heavily vented area)

Be careful with the heat gun, should you use one. A real heat gun gets really hot, and some of that foam is crazy flammable and stinks something awful when it starts smoking.

um… a friend told me that.

Be careful with the heat gun, should you use one. A real heat gun gets really hot, and some of that foam is crazy flammable and stinks something awful when it starts smoking.

um… a friend told me that.
Good point and Thanks! i dont have a hg and was not planning on spending $ on one , scraping and Goo-Gone is what I'm going to b using...
now I just need to figure out where to source the foam to replace...

Back
Top Bottom