Deciding between the FM3 and Axe II

rrhoads17

Inspired
I have an Axe II, but I am considering getting the FM3 due to it being updatable and similar to the III. However, I love the tonematch block on the II and being able to have 2 pitch blocks. Is there some way to replicate TM on the FM3 since it doesn't have that block like a third party software or something.

I'd recommend saving some more and getting the big Axe 3, unless you need the portability of the FM3. The big unit will be a better direct replacement for the Axe 2 and it sounds like you'd need the power.

I seem to recall reading that people used to use a plug-in before Tone Match existed. I think it was called "Match EQ" or something like that.

I'd recommend saving some more and getting the big Axe 3, unless you need the portability of the FM3. The big unit will be a better direct replacement for the Axe 2 and it sounds like you'd need the power.

Absolutely. If I could live with the rack format I would go with the III

Absolutely. If I could live with the rack format I would go with the III

I actually owned the FM3 a while back but the CPU limits annoyed me and it was kinda buggy and glitchy. And I didnt notice much difference in tone between the II and FM3 since the II has Ares now.

I actually owned the FM3 a while back but the CPU limits annoyed me and it was kinda buggy and glitchy. And I didnt notice much difference in tone between the II and FM3 since the II has Ares now.
The amps on FW1.06 sound more organic imho but I do miss a bit of the low end from the axe fx ii. The Plexis are outstanding on FM3. I hoped FAS would integrate ultrares in FW2.0 but apparently it is not the case, although a few patches seemed to have a better bass sound than before. I did not keep FW2.0 for the time being due to CPU overload on my patches I mostly use. Regarding the CPU load problems I'm afraid UR will maybe never make it to FM3 but nobody in any audience will bother you with that..
CPU wise the II seems a bit more powerful to me and you can use double amps if you need; I actually do not miss that. It really is a great unit.
The reason to keep FM3 for me and probably sell the II early next year is FM3's travel size and after 4 weekends of exploring the unit I admit that the 3 button system is genious and works flawless. I'm looking forward to finish parametering the last 2-3 patches I translate to the FM3 and restart playing when this crazy Covid will be behind us next year.

Back
Top Bottom