Decided to upgrade from the XL+

Ok, so I’ve been watching tons of videos on this thing, (Thanks a ton Leon and Frankfor making me really want this thing)

I guess my question is I’m wanting a very easy live set up as I play pretty straight foraward stuff, so I’m wondering if there will be a way to pretty much have it set as a clean, a dirty, and then the third switch be a tuner. Hate like sounding like such a newbie with this and I wasn’t finding much on videos or google on this. Just seeing if this is possible.

Thank you guys so much for the help and can’t wait to get mine which is shipping today!

I guess my question is I’m wanting a very easy live set up as I play pretty straight foraward stuff, so I’m wondering if there will be a way to pretty much have it set as a clean, a dirty, and then the third switch be a tuner. Hate like sounding like such a newbie with this and I wasn’t finding much on videos or google on this. Just seeing if this is possible.

Of course it’s possible! The three switches can do a lot of things. You can set your switches to work both on tap and on hold. Like one switch to clean, one to dirty, one to lead and choose whichever switch you want to be tuner (when you press and hold).

Or keep it simple and just use switches on tap: clean, dirty and tuner.

You can get all of that with 1 switch!

Use scene or preset toggle function on tap for the clean/dirty change and use hold for tuner.

Then you have 2 more switches for other stuff ;)
Thank you so much for this. I’m super excited to try it out, just was trying to be prepared once I had it to have something set up quickly.

Ok, so I’ve been watching tons of videos on this thing, (Thanks a ton Leon and Frankfor making me really want this thing)

Thank you guys so much for the help and can’t wait to get mine which is shipping today!

Only having 3 foot switches can be an issue for guys who are used to having a lot of options at your feet. coming from the Axe II\AX8, it took a minute to only use the 3 switches for everything. I have all 3 switches set to scenes, and a long press is for the tuner.... plus a long press to increment up and down presets.

Maybe a 2015 LandCruiser vs a 2020 4Runner? both impressive and capable, but that Land Crusier is going to get you a bit better performance and be able to push just a bit further. But the smaller 4runner is still very capable and fits on some trails better than it's big brother. Anyway, I like the GX if we are talking Toyota SUV platforms...

Only having 3 foot switches can be an issue for guys who are used to having a lot of options at your feet. coming from the Axe II\AX8, it took a minute to only use the 3 switches for everything. I have all 3 switches set to scenes, and a long press is for the tuner.... plus a long press to increment up and down presets.

That is exactly how I setup my 3 switches.

Well instead of making its own thread, It came in Wednesday and I just finally got around to playing with this thing for a few hours. WOW! This is the closest I’ve ever gotten to my old Mesa Boogie.

Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom