Decided to go back to basics. WIN

Because it lures bass players in. And the/we don't get the attention and or updates that the guitar does.

Yes. Interesting. In fact, when I purchased my Ultra, I incorrectly assumed there would be a little more being offered for bassists in terms of updates. AxeFxII has been only marginally better over its lifespan. I'd have to agree, then, even though it goes against the grain of my support and admiration of Fractal.

Well, I guess he should remove all mention of the Axe being for bass in any advertising.
While I agree with the sentiment of this, the Axe-Fx is still usable on bass. And yeah, there's a couple of bass amps... but no bass FX. This is partially why I offer people a lot of my personal time when they're about to buy one - I let them know how happy I am with it, but also tell and show how much work it takes to get there, and the big limitations. I'll setup screen shares, local get together events (for live demos) and just spend hours posting or messaging about my experiences, thoughts, and help.
I've found a lot of folks still are interested, but there is definitely a lot less excitement simply due to the lack of interest from FAS, for bass players. I know that I've sold a few Axe-Fx IIs, and a small handful of AX8s to a few bass players (some chimed in on TalkBass, some I've helped on here, some barely know what a computer mouse is). I'm sure jimfist could say the same. But it'd be a heck of a lot easier to be an ambassador for a company I quite admire, if they'd pay a little more attention to us.

Always a fan of FAS gear. Always. I temper my enthusiasm when other bassists inquire about it unless it's totally understood that the those inquiring are well-enough versed with their audio engineering chops that they aren't starting from ground zero with the AxeFx gear. Most players want to call up "xyz" amp/cab model, plug in, and be wowed with awesomeness in the same manner that Fractal stuff can wow the pants off of regular guitarists. It just doesn't seem to be the case for bassists, although it easily could be. Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom