[Deathcore] Band I recorded last weekend. This mix is huge.

Been following your mixes for a while (First heard you on ss.o), This is pretty cool. I like how this is a bit black metal-ish. Nice change from the norm.

Great mix dude, it's pretty damn clear, I can hear everything. Any insight on what gear was used?

axefx2 for guitars and bass, metal machine with mixed samples from metal foundry for the cymbals, Parallel Focus kick and slate digital trigger snare. vocals recorded through presonus firestudio with the SM7b :)

Killer work bro! Hey I sent to a PM about using Slate Trigger along with Superior Drummer. Check it out and hit me back please my dude:)

Umm... not a fan of the genre so I might be missing something essential but I think the mix could be improved. You can tell by looking at the waveform that all the dynamics have been sucked out. So master limiting is too much IMO.

After that is fixed I can give more opinions on other instruments. Right now I feel like nothing really sits and don't get that "huge" vibe at all. I can't hear the snare low end/bass. When vocals are on it buries other instruments. But that all might be due to too much limiting.

Honestly just giving my opinion and not being mean. :)

Umm... not a fan of the genre so I might be missing something essential but I think the mix could be improved. You can tell by looking at the waveform that all the dynamics have been sucked out. So master limiting is too much IMO.

After that is fixed I can give more opinions on other instruments. Right now I feel like nothing really sits and don't get that "huge" vibe at all. I can't hear the snare low end/bass. When vocals are on it buries other instruments. But that all might be due to too much limiting.

Honestly just giving my opinion and not being mean. :)

No offense taken buddy, it's a learning process :D

I think the mix is just fine. These type of mixes should be quite compressed and maximized IMHO!
Great band BTW!

Aye, when I compare Joey Sturgis' mixes to my own in my DAW it's pretty much identical (brickwall wave form)

Back
Top Bottom