Death Metal Song - FW10

nick1527

Inspired
Loving FW10 already so i recorded this little number!

5150 iii channel 2+ right and USA lead Bright + left - nolly's smacky bass patch for bass (using my guitar and dropping it an octave in reaper)

guitar was a stock Caparison Dellinger 2

enjoy!

Last edited:
thanks!

drums are ez drummer with the metalheads pack - i leave humanize on in EZdrummer but i also manually edit a lot of the velocities to get a bit more groove (harder hits on the first of 4 consecutive cymbal hits etc) but i tend to leave the accuracy of the beats as accurate as possible unless it sounds robotic.

I used parralel compression and some reverb on the overal kit as well. I also leave the room mic's on (a lot of people dont do this in ez drummer especially for DM) but high pass the shit out them just so they do nothing but add a bit more life to the cymbals.

I find the metalheads pack really does sound brutal especially the kicks

This is why i love death metal. Fucking nuts!! Super brutal. I'd love to see a real drummer play that. Maybe you could ask Paul Bostaph to join your band?

just curious I have ez drummer and dkfh, how do you program; do you use a piano roll type or string together clips/?

just curious I have ez drummer and dkfh, how do you program; do you use a piano roll type or string together clips/?

i do both. I got the dirk verburen packs so i have a wide selection of beats. I usually put them in as placeholders and then adjust them to suit the riffs (accenting riffs with cymbal hits etc).

i usually make up my own fills unless im feeling lazy in which case i use one of the midi files and as above, adjust it to suit.

thanks for the comments guys - anything you would change mix or tone wise. When i listen to it with headphones i can hear a lot of annoying artifacts but i think its my technique as oppsed to anything i could do at the mixing stage!!

Back
Top Bottom