AFIII Death Metal from Mauritius | all guitars and basses with Axe-Fx III

fremen

Axe-Master
Vendor

I recorded a death metal band from here, Mauritius, at my home studio, using my Axe-Fx III for all the guitar and bass tracks. The video above is a medley of some my favorite riffs, using stems from the album. I muted the vocals for the purpose of this demo.

Rhythm guitars : Herbie CH3 for the left channel and 5153 100W Red for the right channel. These are two amps that Cryptic Carnage's guitarist is familiar with - he owns a Diezel Herbert, I have a EVH 5150 III.

Lead guitars : "FAS Modern III" amp model. Initially, that preset was made just for tracking, and as we were recording DI tracks, the goal was to reamp them with whatever preset/amp model we would find better during the reamping/mixing stage. But we kept the original track, as we didn't find necessary to change anything there.

Bass : we recorded two tracks, one clean, one with the Darkglass drive model, based on Cryptic Carnage's bass player settings, as he owns the pedal.

More details on the presets in the youtube's description.

Cryptic Carnage is a death metal band from Mauritius. The band's 1st album, "Scriptures Of Torment", was released in December 2022. You can order it here : https://www.crypticcarnage.com/

(*) The album was mastered at Tower Studio by Brett Caldas-Lima ; I used the pre-master stems for this video

You can hear the mastered versions here :

Back
Top Bottom