Dear FAS Beta Team

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
First things first: Let's all give credit where it's due. Most people on the forum don't realize how much work it is to be a FAS beta tester. You guys all deserve a round of applause!

Now I know you're swamped with testing Quantum but while at it please run your patches through the new ML Class-A Cab Pack that Matt sent you this week. :D

I'll be the first to admit that I have always underestimated the power of Class-A IRs because I like "big" guitar tones. The thing is, when I got the play that "real '64 Class-A amp" I realized it sounds bigger than most 4x12 cabinets. When driven I was mostly trying to tame that low end. If you haven't noticed all I've been using for all my clips for the past month has been my Class-A IRs. Foo Fighters is the first thing that comes to mind when describing the tone. Very open, clear, pristine, in your face, gives space for bass, cuts in all the right places and the high end is very round and creamy. It can sound very vintage but the clarity fits a modern mix just as well. Just listen to "Best Of You" and ignore the Roadkings in the music video. They weren't used in the studio.

I just recorded this song today for a Finnish competition(so ignore the Finnish and English that doesn't make any sense):

And I think most people wouldn't believe that it's a "Class-A" IR that it's going through. The amp is a Friedman HBE and I used my PRS guitar for it.

Sorry for this rant but I needed a place to burst this diarrhea OF INFORMATION after being constipated for over a month trying to keep this pack a secret.

Keep up the good work FAS beta team and thank you for doing what you do! :)

Now I know you're swamped with testing Quantum but while at it please run your patches through the new ML Class-A Cab Pack that Matt sent you this week. :D
It is on my very short TODO list when I get back from the pool with the kids. Having another heat wave here and need to vacate the un-air conditioned house for a few hours after lunch to survive it. We went weather-soft pretty quick after moving to California! :D

Back
Top Bottom