Dear Dweezil (DZ's Blackmore Hendrix content, apostrophe!)

You're welcome Green Tea!

I hope you enjoy them. I'll eventually post some more stuff. I've been programming quite a lot lately.

Regards, DZ

Dweezil could you please tell me the cabinet you use because when I load the preset it says User 6.

Regards,
Yiannis

acwild said:
I believe it's the two Plexi IRs that Cliff uploaded. :cool:
IIRC they are in the folder called Marshall Plexi, and there is a SM57 off axis and the other one is just called SM57.

There was a direct quote from Dweezil that he used Cliff's two plexi IRs in his User 1 and User 2 slots (I believe this was for the VAN HALEN ZAPPA 3 patch).

So the original poster's question still stands: what IR is DZ using in User 6 (which is used in his blackmore hendrix preset)?

It's not conclusive, but highly probable that it's NOT the plexi cabs, otherwise he'd be using User 1 and 2, no?

Hello FF's,
I forgot about the User cabinets being in some of my presets when I posted them. The one I have loaded in my user cab 6 is not the Plexi cab it's one of Clawfingers cabs.

It is the file named: Engl_XXL_C451v6.syx

It's obviously possible to find a different cabinet that will work from the regular slots - it just requires some time experimenting.

Also, it's true that the Plexi cabs are only in the Van Halen preset.

I've got some more interesting ones I'll put up soon. Anyone have anything "special" they feel like sharing?

Regards, DZ

dweezil zappa said:
... Anyone have anything "special" they feel like sharing?

Regards, DZ

woody-woodpecker.jpg

I can do woody woodpecker imitation! :lol:

seriously, thanks for taking your time and sharing your experiences!
unfortunaly I only have those standard things and some vocoder and looper settings.

" Anyone have anything "special" they feel like sharing?"

Regards, DZ[/quote]

Hi Dweezil,

I caught your show at the NYC Blender 10/30/08 -Amazing! A little off subject but, at the show it looked like you tossed out a red jazz 3 pick and in your Guitar World interview you discussed using Bear picks. I was wondering if your still using the Bear picks most of the time. Anyway after much experimentation I stumbled what sounds good to me is a Dunlop Ultex standard .73mm but, where I sanded down the edge opposite the pick using a dunlop jazz 3 as a template. I,m up in Rochester, NY - Hope too see you and the band again someday playing your guitar like reen two tiny niny knee. Serously much appreciation!

Back
Top Bottom