Deadsy Bass/Guitar Tones

afxwinter

Inspired
I'm planning on doing a cover of Deadsy's The Key to Gramercy Park but I'm finding it really hard to get that phat bass fuzz sound out of the Axe. I'm also a bit confused as to how to setup the guitar tone because it's tough to hear which is bass, which is synth and which is guitar in the actual track.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Here's the song as an example:

I have a few industrial metal tones inspired by this exact song I was working on in 6.2.
Im in the process of rebuilding EVERYTHING. I will mess with them later tonight.
And yes, its hard to figure out what is what in the Deadsy stuff. Everything sounds like
a keyboard :lol
I will get back to you. If I forget (do that a lot) send me a P.M.

*edit*
oops, just saw this was for the Ultra/Standard.

Sounds like what you're hearing is synth actually with the bass tone mixed in below it to fill out the body of the tone. It's too clean cut and consistently defined to be actual bass. That's my opinion anyway after listening to it.

Reminds me of 'Orgy'. I remember they had some awesome guitar/bass synth stuff in their songs.

I realise now I need Orgy tones.

Here's my best effort so far, I'd love feedback if you have a chance to listen:

I think I'm going to mix in a synth bass to blend with the actual bass like DLM suggested.
I'll post up once I'm done.

I'm really liking the sound of a bass synth mixed with a bass guitar, it seems to really fatten up everything.
Here's how my rough mix sounds:

Back
Top Bottom