Deadpool’s FM9 Review

After about a week of not touching a guitar I finally decided to just sit down and start working on a few dual amp presets. Keep in mind I’m running through my EVH FX loops and a pair of real cabs (custom 2x12s with a V30 and Creamback 75 in each cab).

I started with an Adam Jones inspired preset that has an HBE and a VH4 Silver 3. Then I moved to a John Mayer inspired preset that uses the Two Stone J35 on one side and an ODS-100 Clean on the other side. The AJ preset is fairly simple and sits around 51% on the CPU. The JM preset has a lot more blocks and sits about 76%. I actually did hit the warning before I removed the Phaser (univibe) block. Still it has a LOT in it: 3 drive blocks, pitch, wah, filter, trem, rotary, 2 delays, chorus, 2 reverbs, and of course the input/output and 2 amps (again, no cab blocks).

Although I’m nowhere near done tweaking them, both of those presets are super inspiring for me. The amp models are all superb into the EVH loops, and FAS’s effects are incredible. I literally got goosebumps a few times.

I started to build my own preset and ended up getting a bit tired so I called it quits for the day (might come back to it later today—we’ll see).

One thing cool while building presets is I made good use of the block library. What a great tool that is. It’s also crazy how silent this setup is. There’s no hiss/noise even at absolutely blistering volume.

The FM9 is truly a box full of happy.

Nice!

I kind of hosed myself with getting too comfortable with the dual FM3 setup that I am finding
it kind of challenging (and borderline uninspiring) trying to make any dual amp setups sound
as good on the FM9.

I proclaim user error on my end. :)

Nice!

I kind of hosed myself with getting too comfortable with the dual FM3 setup that I am finding
it kind of challenging (and borderline uninspiring) trying to make any dual amp setups sound
as good on the FM9.

I proclaim user error on my end. :)

Interesting. I forgot how you’re running them. I gotta go look at your thread again lol

I ended up keeping my FC6. It’s kinda nice having it for a dedicated effects layout ot for looper controls. Not needed but kinda handy.

I liked the FC-12 with the III because I could have my presets on the bottom row and effects on the top row. That way I didn't have to do a tap dance to get wherever I wanted. But adding it to the FM9, six gain presets on the bottom row of the FC-12 and six effects on the top row, what would I do with the nine footswitches on the FM9?

I guess I could do looper, tap tempo, and tuner but there would still be a lot left over.

I liked the FC-12 with the III because I could have my presets on the bottom row and effects on the top row. That way I didn't have to do a tap dance to get wherever I wanted. But adding it to the FM9, six gain presets on the bottom row of the FC-12 and six effects on the top row, what would I do with the nine footswitches on the FM9?

I guess I could do looper, tap tempo, and tuner but there would still be a lot left over.
You could display more presets and/or effects I suppose, but yeah that’s a lot of switches.

You could display more presets and/or effects I suppose, but yeah that’s a lot of switches.
1102210919_HDR.jpg

<crocodiledundee>
That's not a lot of switches.
[pulls out pedalboards of doom]
This is a lot of switches!
</crocodiledundee>

I'm gonna need more feet to operate that. :)
Fractal needs voice commands.

“Hey Fractal…go to preset mode.”
“Okay”
“Hey Fractal…switch to scene four.”
“I switched to scene four.”
“Hey Fractal…when is the next firmware update?
“Soon.”
“Hey Fractal…when will you have a Klon model?”
“Ha ha, Kevin. You’re such a chucklehead.”

Hi. I have an Axe FX III + FC12. Love it. I got my hands on an FM3. I found the scene switch lag time was very annoying. What's the scene switch lag time like on the FM9?

Hi. I have an Axe FX III + FC12. Love it. I got my hands on an FM3. I found the scene switch lag time was very annoying. What's the scene switch lag time like on the FM9?
There's no lag time.

There should also be none on the FM3 as far as I know. Are you sure it's not something in the way you've set it up?

Switch Tap functions don't fire immediately if there's also a Hold function. Do your scene switches have a Hold function?

Or are you maybe talking about an audio gap? In which case, are you changing channels on an Amp block?

In any case, a review post is not really the place for your question. You should really create a new thread for this.

Back
Top Bottom